Kellogg Ambassador Event: Moscow, September 12

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am a 2nd year student at Kellogg and just wanted to post here about an upcoming ambassador event/information session.

What: Student Ambassador Event - Summer 2013
Where: McKinsey & Company, Lesnaya Street 5C, Moscow, Russia, 125047
When: 7pm on September 12 (Moscow time)

Why: 2 reasons

1) To learn more about Kellogg and to answer any questions anyone may have.

Personally, I had a difficult time trying to figure out which school was the best fit. I also had a know-it-all attitude and didn't take information sessions and school tours seriously, thinking that they are somewhat fluffy and that most of what I need to know is available on the internet. I was definitely wrong. Just my 2c, but I think that there is little to no substitute to talking to current students and alumni when thinking which schools to apply to. I also remember that the application process seemed like a black hole (which partially led me to apply to only 2 schools) and I wish that I was more proactive in reaching out and learning more.

2) To begin dialogue with European and Eastern European students. This is ONLY my opinion, not that of Kellogg, but I'd love to see more interest among students from these countries (hence the event in Moscow) and I hope to meet some of you on September 12th.

I would be more then happy to chat about my experience at Kellogg and to answer all of your questions, if not during the event, then later, over-email.

Structure: We will have a short and interactive presentation about the school and the open it up to networking and general Q&A.

Best