GMAT Score reports...how they work?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

GMAT Score reports...how they work?

by Mary1288 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm
Hi! I want to know how the score reports work.
I have given GMAT three times and every time I chose schools to report my scores before the test. The first and second time, I chose almost the same schools but in the third one I picked other schools. So my question is: the schools I picked on my third attempt will see the scores I got on the first and second attempts? Also if I take the GMAT a fourth time but I don't report my scores to any school, will the schools that I chose in the third test report see the results? Because I'm thinking that I wanna give it a last shot but if my score doesn't improve very much then I would prefer to not send that to anyone....because four times I think is too much, specially since all my scores have been very similar.
thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 am
I'm under the impression that by "sending" your scores to schools, you're giving them access to see your scores. So whenever they look over your application they will see scores up until that point.

I'm trying to confirm that though... stay tuned
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by blessu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:06 am
I think you can find the answer on the GMAT official site, and if not you can probably ask them...

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm
Whenever the school AdCom checks the system to confirm your scores... they will see whatever you have taken up until that time. By "sending" your scores you're giving the school permission to "check" your scores.

If you submit your application... and then they review your application the next week... they'll check your scores. THen if you take the GMAT again after that and don't send your scores, then they will only see your scores if they log back in to check your scores again.

My advise would be to not try to play a game with when you send scores and when they check them and what not. It's not that big of a deal... it really isn't. Applicants are misguided. No need to worry about sending your gmat scores. Just send them to the schools you want to apply too and move on to the rest of your application.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants