Please evaluate my Profile for ISB/NYU/INSEAD/IIMA

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for the above mentioned colleges. I would request you to please evaluate my profile.

Total experience - 7 years
Location - India
2006-2009
Worked as a software engineer for 3 years in a leading IT company. Was mainly into software development, Business analysis profile.
2009-2012
Worked as a senior business analyst to one of the top 3 Retail company in the world. Provided analytical solutions and strategies for Merchandisers, Pricing Optimization, Worked closely with category managers and also the procurement.
Transition - Travelled to 3 Europen countries for around 4 months - Due Deligence and transition of roles to India. Led a team of 8 members working for 3 different countries. Led the process harmonization and process streamlining.
2013- Present- Working as a Statistical Ops Manager to the No.1 market research company. Leading a process across 8 countries across Asia. Also, acting as a client and managing a team of 25 offshore team members working in India. Also, leading a team of 10 members working across Asia.

GMAT SCORE : 660(49/31/5).

Please evaluate my profile. I understand that my GMAT score is average. But, I am not planning to give another shot.

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:36 pm
Hey there man,

Thanks for posting and I'm happy to help! I have a couple of questions below in addition to some preliminary thoughts. My goal is to keep this a conversation so I look forward to learning more about you and giving you more actionable advice.

There are a couple of things that, if you could share some more info on, would really help! For example, you haven't mentioned your undergrad academics or any involvement. Can you shed some light on that?

Another thing you haven't mentioned are your goals - why are you getting an MBA? Believe it or not, that will impact your odds at schools.

Overall, your work experience is interesting. Yes, you're IT but even you know you've done some cooler things than the average IT applicant. Your international exposure especially will be important for most of the schools. Your peer set generally doesn't have much, if any, of this. For INSEAD, however, it'll put you on par. Almost all the applicants to INSEAD have similar if not more extensive international work experience.

It's hard to tell you your odds just yet without some of the information above. Additionally (and you already mentioned this), you're going to have to pull that GMAT up. If your GPA is on the lower side or you went to a tier II school, then that goes double.

You definitely have some interesting parts of your profile that you can pull on that'll help set you apart from the thousands of other applicants so that is great! Once I know a little more, we can drill down a bit!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:33 pm
what is different about you?
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants