Rescheduling exam after missing the scheduled GMAT

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello...
I am Indian citizen and my GMAT candidate ID is 100001927186. I was scheduled to take the GMAT on 22 July 2013 at"MILLENNIUM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ,DWARKANAGAR,VISAKHAPATNAM ,ANDHRA PRADESH 530016 INDIA". It was my second attempt but unfortunately i forget to take my passport with me for the exam and thus was denied entry. Though i had another id proofs issued by Goverment of India,i was unable to impress upon the test administrator.I accept it was ignorance on my part but still few of questions listed below are buzzing in my head continuously-
1. Can i rescheduled the missed appointment after paying again 250dollar or my missed appointment will be treated as cancelled and i'll have to wait for 31 calender days to again schedule the exam? Incase GMAC allows rescheduling, will i be eligible to get partial refund/concession?
2. Since it was my second attempt and all details,including biometric and palm veins recording, are stored with Pearson,couldn't that previous data be used to make propmt decision and allow entry on the basis of other IDs issued by Goverment of India?

Thanks..

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 am
I'm happy to help you with your questions.

1) You will need to call Pearson Vue to reschedule. From India you can call +91 120-439-7830 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Indian Standard Time.

2) ID is required at the test center, so we know that you are the person who is supposed to be taking the exam. As for the why your palm vein scan cannot be substituted for your ID, the matching is done after the exam is complete. When the palm vein reader scans your palm, the information about the vein patterns is stored as a digital template. After you finish taking your exam, the template is sent via encrypted transmission with your test results to Pearson VUE.

I hope that helps.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by itsmyturn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 am
Thanks Rebecca..
just one more querry..
Do i have to make fresh appointment,which can be done online, or reschedule missed appointment for which i need to contact customer care as no option displayed against missed appointment status?

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 am
Because you are rescheduling from a no-show, you will need to call Pearson Vue to make the appointment.

Thank you!

Rebecca
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by yuktiarora » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:31 am
Hi
I missed the exam as I was denied entry due to some issue with identity proof.
Can i reschedule within 31 days? If yes, please suggest the steps for the same.

Many thanks.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 am
To reschedule from a missed appointment, you will need to call Pearson Vue in your region. You can find contact information for Pearson Vue in your region at:

https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx

Thank you!
Leah