Planning to Take GMAT by December

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Planning to Take GMAT by December

by rbarathram » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 am
Hi All,

I have gone through some threads relating to the best date to write GMAT and I am pretty sure I am going to miss the first round of applications !!!!

I am now planning to write GMAT by December ( haven't registered for it yet), I.E. for Fall 2014.

When is the best time to register for a slot in December ?. Plus are there any chances I may get Scholarship along with getting into a Good B school ( provided a good score is there ).

I am looking only for US Schools followed by Asian ones.

I am very new to the community. Please provide me any references/links that might help.

Appreciate your help,
Barath

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 pm
Hello, Barath!

You can register for the GMAT exam up to six months in advance. Because December is one of the most popular times to take the GMAT exam, so if you are confident you will be ready to take the exam in December, I recommend you register as soon as possible. You can do so here: www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-ap ... ID=80.0042. Remember, it can take up to 20 calendar days to process your official score report so we recommend taking the exam at least 21 days prior to your first applicatoin deadline.

As for scholarships and business school recommendations, a great place to learn about about you business school options is to register with our GMASS service on mba.com. You can create a profile with your education and work experience, as well as indicate the types of programs and scholarships you are interested in, and schools can contact you with information about their programs: www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-ap ... ID=80.0042.

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rbarathram » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:36 am
Hi Becky,

Thanks a lot !....I am ready to take the exam in December, but I may have to book for the exam only after I shorlist the schools of my preference right ?

It may take some days, and I fear that all the slots in December might get booked up.

Any advice on how to take this up ?

Thanks,
Barath

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 am
You do not have to select your schools until the day of the exam. You will enter those schools on the day of the exam, before the exam begins.

Thanks.

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Legendary Member
Followed by:85 members

by essaysnark » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:49 am
Barath, remember that you can also have scores sent to schools later on, after you take the test (there is a fee involved then so it's often better to do it at test-time). You can do this through the mba.com website - here's the page: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores ... hools.aspx

EssaySnark
EssaySnark has MBA application guides for HBS, Stanford, Booth, Wharton, NYU and pretty much any other school you can name - including a fully revised and expanded 2015 Columbia essay guide!
https://essaysnark.com/bookstore/
The Indians' Guide to Getting In maps out everything you need to evaluate your own profile and select your schools. https://essaysnark.com/ssguide/quicksnar ... ans-guide/
MILITARY CANDIDATES! We've got some pro bono offers just for you: https://essaysnark.com/military-mba/
Follow EssaySnark on Twitter!