Can I be your future client? :wink:

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Can I be your future client? :wink:

by greatps24 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:58 am
Hi

PLEASE EVALUATE MY Profile for Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/MIT/Kellogg/LBS/INSEAD in 2014.
AND SUGGESTION TO IMPROVE MY PROFILE TO GET SCHOLARSHIP. LIKE,
1. I am planning to re-take GMAT and confident of getting 700+

Brief of My Profile:

GMAT: 670 (Q 49, V 33) -84%. (Planning to retake to get 710+)

Experience: 9.5 years in Telecom VAS domain in presale, Business Analysis, product management & marketing

Present status: Managed election campaign for a Major Trade Union ( which has almost 1 million members and covers 7 major states of India) headed by my father. We won this election.

Last two roles: Worked as Head Presales -SAARC and Regional Manager Presales - South Asia.

International experience:
1. China (selected out of 300 people to work in Nanjing for Supporting Key international projects including Vivo Brazil - a major win for VAS division),
2. Indonesia (selected out of 300 people to work in Jakarta to support Major Bids of Telkom and telkcomsel
3. SAARC countries: Successfully spearheaded deals in following countries - Nepal, Bangladesh, Srilanka and Maldives
4. Several Business trips and trainings in UK. Did my Master's from King's College London, Uni. Of London

Forums & Seminars:

1. Was in Speaker panel in VAS ASIA and VAS India
2. Head of organizing Committee and Host of ZTE VAS forums held in Delhi and Mumbai in 2004 & 2005. Attend by all Senior management staff of all the Telecom operators (including CIO, VP, GM etc)
3. Conducted guest lecturers in local B- schools with a senior educationist ( Cambridge alumni)

Research paper:
Co-authored a research paper published in one of the renowned Canadian journal

Post Mba aim: Short term: to move to consulting. Long term: After having good experience in Consulting, I want to contribute in policy making at Govt. level like working for planning commission of India

Extra curricular activities:

- Certified Yoga Practitioner
- Sponsoring and supporting young talented badminton players. Playing badminton for last 3 years as an hobby but now planning to participate at district level badminton tournament.
- National Level Cricket Player (played for three years in U16 and Under 19)
- Technical Consultant to Vice Chairman of SC/ST (minority) commission of India

Education:

- Masters Degree in Science (M.Sc.) - Advance Software Engineering from Kings College London, U.K. Received "Award of Merit" (Given to top 10% students in class) in Masters degree from King's College London, University of London.
_ Microsoft certified and oracle certified

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:332 members

by Jon@Admissionado » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 pm
Things look pretty good here, but I need a bit more info...
Can you give me:
1. your age and GMAT
2. your UG institute and GPA
3. More info about your work (how many promotions, how many people you lead, what post you hold, and your main achievements)

Then we can help you out!
"Hands down the best MBA admissions consulting firm of all-time, and boy, what an incredible founder!" -- Raj Patil, Founder of Admissionado

Something for everyone:
https://admissionado.lpages.co/admissio ... nter-2018/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/50-essay ... ked-vol-4/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/case-studies-lp/
https://admissionado.com/mba/reviews/
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Admis ... 700945.htm

Reach out, and let's gab. Our only requirement is that you don't prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 866-409-4753
Hit us up on WhatsApp.
Ping our satellite: 0884#&@-2#101101
Contact us via web form you lazy git: https://admissionado.com/contact/
Mostly, email Claudia.

by greatps24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 am
Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply. Here are the details
1. your age and GMAT: 33 / Male
2. your UG institute and GPA: Punjab Technical University, India. 75% (distinction). Got award of distinction from Minister of Technical Education for getting 6th rank (out of 600 students in the state)
3. More info about your work (how many promotions, how many people you lead, what post you hold, and your main achievements). 7 Promotion (in 9.5 years).

During my Telecom job, I have led the teams of various sizes at different levels.

With Titles:

 As Bid-manager (Team-size 20) - For BSNL Phase VI tender that included more than 20 products and services.
 As organizer and host (team-size 25) - For VAS Forums held in Mumbai for Reliance, TATA, Ideas cellular and in Delhi for MTS & Airtel. Dignitaries like CIO, VP, GM, VAS Head of each of the above-mentioned telecom operator attended this forum.
 As a speaker- I represented ZTE (one of the top 5 telecom equipment vendor) in VAS-Asia-2008. Most of the key decision-makers in telecom-VAS domain from all over Asia attended this event.

Without title:

(In 2002, my father survived life threatening attack. Suddenly not only family responsibilities but also Trade Union responsibilities fall on my shoulders till he recovered. Since, then I am involved in Trade Union politics. My father heads this Union.)

 As a strategist - I planned overall election campaign for a Trade Union (represents 200,000 railway employees), which includes organizing more than 40 rallies, meetings, road-shows to cover voters (Indian Railway Employees) working in 7 states of Northern India. I led team of 200 people.

 As an influence: I used regional and emotional intelligence to influence and persuade voters to attend our events and finally vote for our union. As a result, we won the May 2013 trade Union election.

Achievements:

Major wins:

1. Airtel India EIR for 15 circles (60% of Airtel India network); Idea EIR (9 Circles), Aircel EIR expansion; played a key role in enhancement SDP (Messaging) of Airtel India's SDP (Messaging) features along with enhancement of Idea cellular's SDP (Messaging) features; Supported Airtel Africa SDP deal. Worth 2.5 million approx

2. OCS for Spice Telecom (Punjab & Karnataka Circle), BSNL CDMA VAS (several products), TTSL UMS, MTS India (USSD), Vivo Brazil UMS. Worth 50 million approx

3. As Election campaign manager, I have led a team of at least 200 team members, scattered in seven states, to organize more than 40 rallies, meetings, road-shows to convince 200,000 approx voters to vote for URMU. Although there is no direct financial responsibilities, the overall impact is huge - Indian railway's contribution to India's GDP (1848 billion USD approx) is 2% (37 billion USD)- one-fourth (9 billion USD ) of this contribution comes from our zone i.e. North India.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 am
As you already know your GMAT is on the low side, especially for an Indian applicant. For your career path can you tie your present experience with consulting and then policy planning? What competencies are you looking to gain?

I think given your age, the quality of your undergraduate institution (even though you did well) and your present GMAT score your target schools should be in the top 15-20 reaching into perhaps the lower part of the top 8-15. If your GMAT score is around a 710+ you target the top 8-15 and perhaps reach into some of the lesser selective of the schools you listed as well as Tuck and Haas which favor older applicants.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

by greatps24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 am
Thanks Michael.

I have provided technical solution/ strategy inputs to various policy maker like various cabinet Ministers in Center /State government. And I can get recommendations from Cabinet Ministers in Indian Government. But, not sure whether it is OK to use them. Some of the cabinet minister attended the events organized by me in their constituencies. And I have got their appreciation. I have implemented mobility solution to boost Public Grievance redressal system in my trade union. And I am in talks with some of the politicians who want similar kind of solution in their constituency

As you mentioned 710+ GMAT score can enhance my chances. Does recent offer from one of the top 5 telecom vendor for the post of deputy director can improve my chances?

Regards

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:33 am
Generally, you only want to choose recommenders who can meaningfully comment on your work with them. So, if you have direct interaction with any Cabinet Ministers, then the Cabinet Ministers can be a good source for a recommendation.

A recent offer from a top 5 telecom vender does not really add much.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by Caroline@Fortuna » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 am
Hi - as requested, here are my comments regarding your profile for INSEAD. You should definitely aim to get in the 710 GMAT range; 670 is very uncompetitive for an Indian application to INSEAD. You are in the upper age range and this is a slight "weakness" which will need to be managed in your application. I'd be happy to discuss further - contact me to set up a phone consultation. Regards, Caroline Diarte Edwards.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:31 pm
I will reinforce what Michael pointed out. Your target schools should include the ones which are more considerate for older applicants. To me, your age is of greater concern than your GMAT score.

Otherwise, you have a great profile. Apply to few top 5-10 schools as well.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

by greatps24 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm
HI Anil, Michael

Can you please suggest the names of the B-schools that prefer candidates with more work ex (or of my age)?

Anil,

I like the concept of your service: 'Pay only if you get admission'.
Can we have a Skype chat?

Regards

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 pm
Some of the schools where older applicants have better chance are Tuck, Haas, Duke, UCLA, and Yale. European schools, in general, have higher acceptability for older applicants. So, you may consider LBS and INSEAD as well if you are interested in that geography.The list is by no means exhaustive.

You may contact us through the website to discuss further.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis