Bold Faced

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Bold Faced

by Sul » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm
Is there any document available that could help me strategize how to solve bold faced questions? If yes, it would be great if one of you could share it with me.

Thanks in advance for your help

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by jkaustubh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 am
Power score CR bible, search the net you may find a pdf copy, else buy one.
Replying a query takes patience and time. The least a person can do is to thank the reply.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 am
I believe you asked the same question on another thread. Here is my reply.

Here is a link to an posting that I wrote detailing a simple way to approach bold-faced questions. https://www.beatthegmat.com/bold-face-cr ... 51164.html

Here is an excerpt from the posting:
Once you have the main conclusion take each bold statement and ask yourself three things:

1) Is there a clear role for the statement? Categories are "Prediction" "main conclusion" "evidence" "opinion" etc. If the role of the statement is not clear then proceed to the next step.

2) How does the statement relate to the main conclusion? Is it the conclusion? Is it evidence in support of the conclusion? Does it undermine the conclusion? etc...

3) How does the statement relate to the other statement? Does it support the other statement? Does the other bold support it? Does it undermine the other statement? etc...

If you understand these three things - usually not too hard to do on most questions - then you are ready to work through the answer choices pretty efficiently.

I hope it helps!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course