Verbal -- Trouble in choosing the right answer.

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi friends,

I have a serious problem in Verbal section especially in SC and CR. Please anyone address. Always, I am able to eliminate the wrong ones and bring it down to last two choices. Out of that I am choosing the wrong one. In case of SC either the option I choose will be wordy or it will have some small error. Similarly in case of CR. This mistake drives me mad. I am unable to rectify this. My exam is on Aug 17. Please guide how to rectify this issue. Thanks :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am
Hi sivagmat,

Based on your post, it sounds like your approach to answering Verbal questions is to try to figure out why an answer is incorrect instead of trying to figure out the correct answer and then FIND THE MATCH in the answer choices. While the tactic of elimination is useful in many circumstances, it's not always to the most efficient way to answer a question and can cost you some serious points if you're a "bad guesser." Instead of continuing to approach questions in that way, you have to make some adjustments and become a bit more strategic. This will likely require you to purchase some additional materials and receive some genuine instruction. As a sample, you can access the Empowergmat 24 hour free trial and take a look at the SC, RC and CR Modules and practice. I think that you'll find them useful.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]