STACY PLEASE READ AND ANSWER MY QUERY

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

STACY PLEASE READ AND ANSWER MY QUERY

by akhil_bhatti » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:06 pm
Hello its akhil again.
Thanks a ton for replying to me .
You know I do not have any full time work experience and want to apply for MBA straight out of college.
In your reply you have given certain probablities of my admission.
I would be highly obliged if you give me my percent chances of admission in the universities as it would become more clear to me.
I am once again sending my profile to you.

GMAT 690

GPA 3.4

TOEFL 270

Extra curricular

I have about 100 certificates of sports and extra curricular activites in school and college both

PART TIME WORK EXPERIENCE OF ABOUT 20 MONTHS PLUS EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER HARDWARE FIELD OF ONE YEAR AFTER PASSING CLASS XII

COMPLETED INTERNSHIPS

Please tell my Percent chances like 10%, 30%... etc in each of the following universities.

The universities are--

1. Carnegie Mellon

2. Rochester

3. Darden

4. NYU

5. UCLA

6. UC Davis

7. University of Texas–Austin (McCombs)

8. Washington University in St. Louis (Olin)

9. University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler)

10. Purdue University (Krannert)

Please tell my percent chances in these keeping in mind that i am a fresher straight out of college and only have part time work experience as stated above.
I would be highly obliged if you suggest some universities from your side where i would be able to get admission easily in US.The universities should be in top 40 in USA.
Akhil

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:51 am
It really is not possible to accurately provide percentage chance of admittance without reading your essays and recommendations and listening in on your interview. These are the most important parts of the process so without these I cannot provide a more specific forecast. I would just be guessing.

In selecting schools you should first find out which schools will consider you without the full time experience.

Of that list, make sure that your numbers fall within their averages. Be sure to include some schools that are not top 10/20.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:15 am
Akhil:

Just to reiterate what Stacy has said in her previous replies to you, with the very limited data that you provide it's almost impossible to quantify with percentages your chances of getting admitted to the schools that you list. Furthermore, Stacy's primary role as an admissions expert on this forum is to provide admissions strategy advice--not to guess probabilities. Please avoid making these repetitive posts.

Also, in the future please avoid creating new threads for your posts. Just reply to one thread if you have further questions. Thank and best of luck.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school