ISB - Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ISB - Profile Evaluation

by rakesh5047 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:05 am
Hi goISB team,

I am Rakesh, one of the ISB aspirant. Please have a look at my profile and tell me what should I do for building my profile suitable for ISB. Between I am planning to write GMAT this August.

My Details:

SSC (X) - 77.5%
HSC (XII)- 67.5%
UG (B.E) - 69.35% (E.E.E- Anna University)

Work Experience: 4.4 years of IT experience

I am currently working at Infosys technologies Ltd for 2.3years. Working on India Based Project and the client is Department of Income Tax (Centralized Processing Centre).Have worked well here so far and have also received client appreciation in my current project for the impact analysis I have done.
Won a Spot Award appreciation from the organization for Q2,2012-13. Conducted many Team Building activity, Technological Themes to encourage the team members and involved in Client Interactive meetings.
And have completed quite a few certifications in Java technologies.

Past Experience:

Previously, I was working with OnMobile Global limited as an Application Developer for 1.6 years in Telecom Domain. Directly involved with Client for gathering requirements and developing the Software applications and handling a team of 8 members to co-ordinate the activity. Won 2 Awards (Star Performer & IKON award) for the excellent performance in the Product Development and Implementation.

Extra Curricular Activities:

1. Participated in Inter-College Dance competition.
2. Actively participated in the College NSS(National Social Service) Activities.
3. Part of College and Company Unit Cricket team.
4. Have keen interest towards the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) and participated in the Corporate Blood Donor camps.

Please evaluate my profile and let me know what are my chances of getting through ISB. And also let me know what should be the eligible GMAT Score for my profile?

Thanks,
Rakesh G

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:730

by Askgened » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 am
Hi Rakesh,

You have an avg. acads and profile. I would suggest you to target 710+ GMAT score and showcase headship qualities, achievements in and outside work place, professionalism and ability to contribute to the class in your application essays and during final interviews. If you are able to demonstrate these skills, then you would stand a chance in ISB.

Feel free to post any other queries you might have. You can also PM your number to have a detail discussion on your profile and selection of b-schools.

Good Luck!!
Richa

rakesh5047 wrote:Hi goISB team,

I am Rakesh, one of the ISB aspirant. Please have a look at my profile and tell me what should I do for building my profile suitable for ISB. Between I am planning to write GMAT this August.

My Details:

SSC (X) - 77.5%
HSC (XII)- 67.5%

I am currently working at Infosys technologies Ltd for 2.3years. Working on India Based Project and the client is Department of Income Tax (Centralized Processing Centre).Have worked well here so far and have also received client appreciation in my current project for the impact analysis I have done.
Won a Spot Award appreciation from the organization for Q2,2012-13. Conducted many Team Building activity, Technological Themes to encourage the team members and involved in Client Interactive meetings.

Past Experience:

Previously, I was working with OnMobile Global limited as an Application Developer for 1.6 years in Telecom Domain. Directly involved with Client for gathering requirements and developing the Software applications and handling a team of 8 members to co-ordinate the activity. Won 2 Awards (Star Performer & IKON award) for the excellent performance in the Product Development and Implementation.

2. Actively participated in the College NSS(National Social Service) Activities.
4. Have keen interest towards the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) and participated in the Corporate Blood Donor camps.

Please evaluate my profile and let me know what are my chances of getting through ISB. And also let me know what should be the eligible GMAT Score for my profile?

Thanks,
Rakesh G
GMAT-730: Work-exp: 10 yrs.MBA-Top 15 FT ranking b-school: Undergrad-Top 5 College in India

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members
GMAT Score:740

by ivyctor2010 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 am
Hi Rakesh

Your application will be reviewed against most competitive pool of students who come from IT industry and have good academics. You should focus upon cracking good GMAT score.
Start thinking about how to differentiate yourself. For example - you have mentioned active particiation in extracurricular actitivties; can you make a coherent story out of it. Trust me, all Indian applicants do write something about social stint and you got to ensure that you stand out from that applicant pool.
Ivyctor Mobile App packed with school selection, scholarship, application management and alumni connect
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=en

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Tue May 07, 2013 11:30 am
rakesh5047 wrote:Hi goISB team,

My Details:

SSC (X) - 77.5%
HSC (XII)- 67.5%

Past Experience:

Thanks,
Rakesh G
Hi Rakesh,

Apologies for delayed reply.

Your profile is a typical IT profile and hence you will need to really work hard on your essays to differentiate yourself. Focus on your team work and client interaction skills. Also, talk about your experience of working with a govt entity.

But to maximize your chances try to get a 730+ on GMAT. This will really give you an edge over ither IT applicants.

ISB essay questions for class entering on 2014 are out. Check https://www.goisb.com/ISB_essay_tips.php for essay questions and tips.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/