Help me

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help me

by darkPassenger » Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 am
Hi,
Can you tell me which business schools will be best for me to apply to get admission as well as funding with 610 gmat score and 3.77 cgpa? I need funding badly. That's why i'm ok with mid level business schools. Please suggest :(

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 am
Your career will play into this as well... What type of work and social work have you done?
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 am
One other thing... Your GPA is strong, have you thought of retaking the GMAT? This will help your chances for a scholarship.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Legendary Member
Followed by:85 members

by essaysnark » Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 am
Hi darkPassenger - unfortunately it's near impossible to gauge whether you'd have any chance of getting scholarship money without seeing a lot more on your profile. Generally speaking, the lower-ranked schools have less money available to hand out, and in most cases they'll want to use it to attract a high-value candidate. Usually that comes down to the strong achievers (high GMAT score is one metric they use to evaluate that - we echo Jim's comment, you may want to retake the GMAT), along with those with a unique background that will add a lot to the class. If you're coming from an oversubscribed candidate pool such as India then it's much more challenging to get funds. Many schools also offer need-based funds, and they tend to be particularly generous for those coming from disadvantaged situations, so if that's you, then there may be more options available.

Regardless, the MBA has a very high ROI. You wouldn't want to be short-sighted in how you approach this. Most people increase their earnings potential significantly with this degree. Maybe you wouldn't need as much financial help as you think?

Hope that helps.
EssaySnark
EssaySnark has MBA application guides for HBS, Stanford, Booth, Wharton, NYU and pretty much any other school you can name - including a fully revised and expanded 2015 Columbia essay guide!
https://essaysnark.com/bookstore/
The Indians' Guide to Getting In maps out everything you need to evaluate your own profile and select your schools. https://essaysnark.com/ssguide/quicksnar ... ans-guide/
MILITARY CANDIDATES! We've got some pro bono offers just for you: https://essaysnark.com/military-mba/
Follow EssaySnark on Twitter!