Admitted to Kellogg. Happy to help now

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Admitted to Kellogg. Happy to help now

by neha4659 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 am
Hi,

With a Kellogg admit and a few months to go before I fly off, I would love to help as many people as possible. I have been through most of what you are likely to go through. From a GMAT of 650 I got 760 in my second attempt. I have been working with McKinsey Knowledge Centre for the past 5 years. I thought I needed a stronger profile to apply to the top schools, but I was keen on taking a chance at least. Applied to Duke, Chicago Booth, Kellogg and ISB. Now I so wish I had applied to Harvard & Wharton as well. . . Nevertheless, I got calls from Kellogg and ISB and was able to convert Kellogg. Ya, Very HAPPY indeed! and I quit my job to just relax now and prepare for my departure.
But I thought I could also use my free time to help some people, just in case this entire experience has taught me something. Of course I have a good lot of online material and am sure everyone does. But the most important part is to know which one to study and which one to not study. I think my journey from 650 to 760 taught me that. And the application process is not so easy either. But I got good help from people around me. So perhaps I can share my experience on that as well. So just in case you guys have any specific questions, you may ask me here or mail me, pm me, wotever. . and if you need any specific online material, i would be happy to share that as well. I think i have a lot of them, but i hope i have wot u want. I have always enjoyed helping people and I would love to help out as many as possible before I fly off. All the best to you all!

Neha ([email protected])

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kwhite » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:23 pm
congratulations!

what was the outcome of Fuqua and Booth applications?

what does your profile look like? gpa work exp ect.

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by xindigs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm
Hi Neha,

First off, congratulations on getting accepted to Kellogg! You mentioned that you have quit your job and are now taking some time off before you begin school - do you know what you're going to do with all of that free time?

I just recently start picking up my pace on taking the GMAT and getting on track to apply for B school this fall, and I'm wondering if you have any useful advice. In particular, I'm curious about your professional background and what experiences you felt were valuable for you in your application to the schools you'd mentioned. Is there anything you would've done differently?

Thanks!
-X

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by maverick_andy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm
Hi Neha,

Firstly, Congrats for getting into Kellog. I would like to know your GMAT journey and if its within your scope to share your GMAT study material information in this page. I would be grateful for that :)

Congrats again n wish u all best for ur future endeavors,

Regards,
Anand
The journey is everything...
https://outfromdeep.blocked

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:650

by bpolley00 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:08 pm
Neha,

I just got done with the GMAT and scored a 650. Do you have any advice on how specifically you raised your score to a 760? My breakdown was Q43V37. Basically, right now, I am going back through the OG and writing down every single question I miss, categorically separating them out into a word document and creating more rules to my sheet as I go through in each different category. 760 is impressive, and I hope to nail that kind of score for my third and final attempt. Any advice is appreciated.

-BP

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MBAAdmissionsCoach » Thu May 02, 2013 7:46 am
Hi Neha -

Congratulations on your admission to Kellogg! It's great that you are offering your help to others!

I hope you'll remain active in the forums after you are a student. I'm certain your insights will be very helpful to others!

Wendy
I love to talk about MBA admissions with MBA applicants! If you find my posts helpful, please take a moment to click the "thank" icon at the top of the page and/or follow me!

Wendy Flynn
MBA Admissions Coach
[email protected]
https://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com

Blog: MBA Expert Insights: https://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com/blog

Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/MBAAdmissionsCoach

Twitter: https://www.Twitter.com/WendyLFlynn

Member of AIGAC: Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants