AWA essay example, review wanted

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

AWA essay example, review wanted

by daffodil999 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:56 pm
Hello! I have written an AWA essay for practice. It will be very good if it is reviewed by experts or prospective students.

The following appeared as part of a campaign to sell advertising time on a local radio station to local businesses:

"The Cumquat Café began advertising on our local radio station this year and was delighted to see its business increase by 10 percent over last year's totals. Their success shows you how you can use radio advertising to make your business more profitable."

Discuss how well reasoned ... etc.

Essay - This is the age of advertising. As days are going by we are becoming more and more 'public oriented' and is always ready to tell more about oneself (very obviously, it is always in our interest to display our positive aspects and not the other). This display can be personal or common. We are always more concerned about display for something common, like the one who or which is acquainted or used by most of the public on which any individual is a part. Thus such display is more about telling about something which is a part of this big common thing. The next question which arises is the manner of such display. Even ten years back, it was not that important but presently, it is directly proportional as days are progressing. As of now, it has become an important part of our lives.

The passage is shown as a part of campaign to advertisement in radio. An example of a business is given and is telling its sales have increased in a year when it was advertised in the local radio platform. An advertisement is always supposed to be attractive and very obviously, it the manner of sales which ultimately matter the most to a businessman. In this sense, the advertisement has hit the bull's eye. But we should not forget that this is a part of a picture and a good businessman is always eager to see the whole picture. He or she will consider all aspects - mentally, financially, morally, physically and etc.

A very obvious thing is to ponder and see about the advertisement and the truth of the claim. The 'see about' is to be done in details, if someone is aiming to do big and good in the business world in the future. Then come the question of the business of which an advertisement is given. Is it right to compare the advertised business with the business which is in the mind of a prospective businessman or a businessman who has already started but has not yet got the opportunity to display his/her acumen of the business? The basic criteria of any business is very important and it should be compared to advertisement in any form (it may be in newspaper or in television or in radio or somewhere else where it is possible)

Just after reading the passage the first thing which a viewer should see that the café advertisement is secondary but the primary is the advertisement of radio advertising. All these things are to be considered before one thinks of jumping into any area related to his or her business.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:20 am
Hello, Daffodil999! Unfortunately, I cannot help you with answering specific GMAT practice test questions, but it is great that you are already preparing for the AWA! You may want to re-post this essay on one of the main forum threads where other students and test prep coaches will see it.

If you are looking for more help in AWA, you could also always check out GMATWrite, our AWA prep software. It will grade your essay using the same scoring algorithm used in the exam, so it is a great way to see how well you can expect to perform on exam day: www.mba.com/gmatwrite?WT.mc_ID=80.0027

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by daffodil999 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm
Hello! Thank you for your reply. I clicked on 'https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... ID=80.0027' as you said in your mail but what I see is an advertisement of GMAT writing tool. Is this the right one?

Regards,

daffodil999
OfficialGMAT wrote:Hello, Daffodil999! Unfortunately, I cannot help you with answering specific GMAT practice test questions, but it is great that you are already preparing for the AWA! You may want to re-post this essay on one of the main forum threads where other students and test prep coaches will see it.

If you are looking for more help in AWA, you could also always check out GMATWrite, our AWA prep software. It will grade your essay using the same scoring algorithm used in the exam, so it is a great way to see how well you can expect to perform on exam day: www.mba.com/gmatwrite?WT.mc_ID=80.0027

Good luck!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 am
Yes, that is the AWA practice software. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by Hatentook56 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am
Use Ginger Software of grammer mistake, i read you Essay its look good and well written, But i recommend you to put some reference also , i always use reference in my assignment writing , adding reference will give more authority