International experience

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

International experience

by zrp » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:06 am
Stacey, I was curious to know what your opinion is regarding international work experience. Do you think it scores extra points with admissions people to be an American and having worked in Europe for a few years?Thanks for your help.

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: International experience

by aim-wsc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 pm
zrp wrote:Stacey, I was curious to know what your opinion is regarding international work experience.
Do you think it scores extra points with admissions people to be an American and having worked in Europe for a few years?Thanks for your help.
Yes! It's advantageous to have international work experience.
All such experiences certainly help in your b-school application process, since it gives you opportunity to talk about your "cross-cultural work-experience"

I think AdComs like to hear such stories. :)
I am not Stacy, by the way.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:26 pm
International work experience is fairly common, but it certainly does not hurt. It's really what you make of it - discussing how you adapted, interactions with new people, perhaps identifying opportnities in new cultures - all of these things will add color to your story and will be more important than the simple fact of working abroad.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me