Upset with my progress

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Upset with my progress

by arinb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am
Dear All,

This is my first post in this forum. The reason I'm dropping this is because I am not in a very good position with my preparation for GMAT. Badly in need of all your expert's advice.

I need some advice on what best I can do to improve my GMAT score. I have only 1 week left before the exam and I gave the GMAT prep last week. I struggled with the time management in both quant and verbal section and I ended up randomly guessing about last 10 questions in both the sections where I had just few minutes left to complete the exam. Score was 590(q48, v24)!! I thought if I could improve my time-management I can score somewhere around 620, presently that's what I am targeting.

Yesterday I again took the same gmat prep version with proper time management. My guesses were evenly spaced, left the few time consuming questions and attempted all. I finished the exam on time and didn't leave anything because of time. My score was again 590 (Q48,V23)!!. This has demoralized me. So, is it true that I am going to get somewhere around 590 my in final GMAT exam as well?

I have now only one week left. I am yet to give gmat prep 2.My strategy of only perfection or mix of perfection and time management didn't work. Is there any way I can push up my score a bit above 590? I was also thinking of giving Manhatten free test, but people are of the opinion that it is very tough. If I appear in that now and get a score of around 500, I will be dejected. So presently I am thinking of staying away from that practice test.
Any suggestions please.

Can you please recommend something which will be best for me to do in this last week to inch up my score a bit from this 590?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 pm
Hello,arinb! First, you should know that your current score of a 590 puts you in the 59th percentile, which is still very good! You may want to re-post this question to one of the main message boards, where some of the GMAT tutors, and students who are also preparing for the exam. They may be able to help you with more specific advice.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by arinb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm
Thanks Rebecca!!