Urgent :What happens if I do not submit the last question ?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:640
Hi Rebecca and Experts,

My test is on 14th March.

Say, you click on the bubble and select an answer choice on your last question of the section but you run out of time before you can hit 'next' and 'confirm'.

1)Would you get the credit for the answer if you had selected the right answer choice?

2)Would you be penalized for not completing the section as you failed to click 'Next' and 'Confirm'?

3)In Verbal, does your score depend on how well you fared on each sections( CR/SC/RC ) independently?

Regards,
Sachin
Regards,
Sach

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by whats_in_the_store » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:37 am
Hey Experts

In GMAT Prep software, I found in time management analysis that I ran out of time when I failed to click "next" and "confirm" though I'd answered the last question.
Please enlighten us!

Thanks!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 am
In the GMAT exam, you will receive credit for answering the final question, even if you did not click "next."

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:640

by sachindia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 am
OfficialGMAT wrote:In the GMAT exam, you will receive credit for answering the final question, even if you did not click "next."

Good luck!
Thanks Rebecca!
In Verbal, does your score depend on how well you fared on each sections( CR/SC/RC ) independently?
Regards,
Sach

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am
Hello, Sach. Your verbal score is calculated based on how you will you perform on all questions in the verbal section. If you are weak in one area, it will affect your total Verbal score. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!