First & Last Chance

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

First & Last Chance

by vaishai » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 am
I always wanted to go for an MBA but never got a chance to really prepare for the same.
But now as I am getting married in November.2013 and got a chance to go for the same.
I really don't want to miss this chance anyhow. As I will be shifting to LA, California after my marriage.
Hence, I want to finish my exams before shifting to LA. And start my School next year.

I have 3 years + of work experience as a Project Engineer in Mechanical core rite now working as Assistant Manager - Projects. Handling Operations for 5 projects cost around 10 to 30 crores each.

My profile is
-10th Boards- 8.5 GPA
-12th Boards - 6.7 GPA
-Engineering - 7.3 GPA
-Have done Certified courses like
+ AUTOCAD / ProE
+ Project Management Program-me ( PMI )
- State & University Level Basket ball player
- Dance Winner at University Level
- Musical Plays at University/ state level winners
- College Club Head etc.

My Queries are :

+ Is my Profile good enough or should I put in more effort to improve it.
+ How much time is suggested for the preparation??
+ Right time to appear for exam.
+ How important is it to join a coaching center.
+ Please suggest what all good Universities & score required to apply in the Universities available in LA or around California.
+ Any other suggestion for the preparation as I will be starting my studies after gap of 3 years

Please reply at the earliest as this is the high time I think I should start my preparation

regards,

Vaishai

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 am
Hello, Vaishai. Each school has its own selection criteria, so it is difficult to say with certainty which schools you will get admitted to. I suggest you post your query to one of the main message boards, where other students can help you. This forum is hosted by the makers of the GMAT exam. While I am happy to help you with question about the GMAT, I am afraid I cannot give advice on which business schools to apply to. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vaishai » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 am
Hey Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can you give your suggestions on the following points :

+ Is my Profile good enough or should I put in more effort to improve it.
+ How much time is suggested for the preparation??
+ Right time to appear for exam.
+ How important is it to join a coaching center.

Thanks