Nice one : Studies in grocery stores show that ...

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
Studies in grocery stores show that shoppers purchase more of an item if it is on an aisle end-cap. Psychologists hypothesize that seeing an item prominently displayed at the end of an aisle makes many shoppers willing to buy more of it because they think the prominent display means it is on sale, and that they should purchase the item while it is discounted.

Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the psychologists' interpretation of the studies?
Choices
A
The effect noted in the study is also seen in bookstores and large chain discount stores.

B
Shoppers who first see that same item in its regular placement on a shelf are less likely to purchase the item than they are to purchase comparable, less expensive items.

C
Virtually all of the shoppers who purchased items from end-caps used coupons for other items they purchased.

D
Sales of any item in a grocery store will increase if it is placed on an end-cap.

E
Shoppers who purchased items picked up from end-caps had lower grocery bills than those who did not.

Followed by:13 members
GMAT Score:700

by hemant_rajput » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm
IMO B.
I'm no expert, just trying to work on my skills. If I've made any mistakes please bear with me.

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aditya8062 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 pm
my take wud be B for only B only resonates with the argument .its a simple cause and effect logic so all B is doing is is that its telling us that on removing the cause the effect is also vanishing and hence supporting the argument

Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:650

by tisrar02 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:10 am
IMO:D

Whats the source and OA?

Thanks
Dedication is what leads to success...

Followed by:3 members

by himu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:10 pm
Source : Grockit.
[spoiler]OA :
B
Shoppers who first see that same item in its regular placement on a shelf are less likely to purchase the item than they are to purchase comparable, less expensive items.
This is the credited response. This clearly states that the way the product is displayed has an effect on consumer activity.[/spoiler]

But dont u guys think the OA should be worded a bit more GMAT like ??