Georgia State University. . Insight?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Georgia State University. . Insight?

by humbled4real » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:05 pm
I'm looking to apply to schools in the Atlanta, GA area. .

My first choice is Georgia State University since it is ranked in the top 10 for MBA in Information Systems. I am a career changer and will be relocating to Atlanta in the fall. I will also apply to Georgia Tech, University of Georgia.

Is anyone familiar with the GSU program?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:35 pm
Hi H,

I am not familiar with that program, but I would encourage you to also check out Emory. I am not sure if you are within their profile range, but I believe the program has a stronger reputation then the schools mentioned below.

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by humbled4real » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 am
VP_MBA_Guru wrote:Hi H,

I am not familiar with that program, but I would encourage you to also check out Emory. I am not sure if you are within their profile range, but I believe the program has a stronger reputation then the schools mentioned below.

Regards,

NP
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that Emory is a great school, however, I would have to pursue a general management degree there in order for it to be a fit for me. The program there does not have a major/concentration for the MBA program solely related to Information Systems. I am looking for a program that will help build a foundation for designing and building systems, since I am changing careers. Emory has a Business Technology concentration but it is not as in depth as the program at Georgia Tech or Georgia State. And quite frankly the same companies that recruit at Emory also recruit at GSU and GT (i.e - Deloitte, GE Financial, IBM, Accenture. . etc). So I'll pass.

Now if my major were going to be Marketing or Consulting. . then Emory would be the better choice.