About admission

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

About admission

by Rokeza » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 am
I got low undergraduate GPA 2.27 in 4.0 scale. Its around 73% in percentage according to our university grading. My last 60 hour undergraduate GPA is 2.67 which means 77%. Yesterday i did practice 1 exam on gmatprep software and received 540. I never seen any gmat question and didnt have any experience before taking that practice. I didnt even manage to answer to all questions. But i did receive 540. After 20 days i will take actual gmat, i dont think i can increase my score above 700. On practice test my verbal Section was low because english is not my native language. My i received my undergraduate degree in university which was in top 100 last year. And our classes were in english. I have no work experienced. I think i can score on actual gmat around 600-650 since i have only 20 days left.

Are there any universities I can apply for full time MBA in U.S.A ?

Thanks.. Sorry for typos sent from tablet.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm
Rokeza wrote:I got low undergraduate GPA 2.27 in 4.0 scale. Its around 73% in percentage according to our university grading. My last 60 hour undergraduate GPA is 2.67 which means 77%. Yesterday i did practice 1 exam on gmatprep software and received 540. I never seen any gmat question and didnt have any experience before taking that practice. I didnt even manage to answer to all questions. But i did receive 540. After 20 days i will take actual gmat, i dont think i can increase my score above 700. On practice test my verbal Section was low because english is not my native language. My i received my undergraduate degree in university which was in top 100 last year. And our classes were in english. I have no work experienced. I think i can score on actual gmat around 600-650 since i have only 20 days left.

Are there any universities I can apply for full time MBA in U.S.A ?

Thanks.. Sorry for typos sent from tablet.
Wow! Surely, you can apply any place you want to -- the admissions department will gladly cash your check and/or run your credit card. But, are you ready?

Question -- Why are you committed to taking the test in the next twenty days? Are you on a forced timeline?

Suggestion -- I'd really suggest that you sit down and take some time to come up with a full-fledged study plan for your attempt to improve on the GMAT. I'd suggest starting with these two links.

https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-2/

Hope this helps.

-Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)

by Rokeza » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 pm
Think is that i got my bachelor's degree in business administration and my first 2 year undergraduate GPA is low because of several reasons. I can get good enough in GMAT quant. Moreover, government will provide full scholarship if i get to one of top 82 schools. I will go for marketing courses in MBA and got minimum B from my marketing courses in undergrad.

And i have to take gmat and toefl in 20 days else it will be late.

Followed by:3 members

by shrutikirtisharma » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:48 am
I am planning to apply for the Fall 2014 session and so I want to take the help of an admissions consultant for my applications. There are so many consultants out there that I am feeling a bit lost. After scheduling consultation calls with some of them, I have narrowed down to three consultants - Admissionado, Veritas Prep, and Stacy Blackman. Price wise everyone is more or less in the same range. It will be extremely helpful if anyone can help me choose among these consultants or at the very least share your experiences with any one of them. Appreciate all the help! Thanks once again!