HBSGuru versus MBA Exchange

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

HBSGuru versus MBA Exchange

by harshkhemka88 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 am
I am looking to apply to Ivy League colleges next year... Any suggestions on the admission consultant to choose... Have gone through the various reviews and narrowed it down to HBSGuru and MBA Exchange...

Thanks in advance...

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by alsolacol » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:27 pm
It took me two years to get through the process, prepare for the GMAT/GRE, pick the school, write essays, get recommenders, etc. I initially picked Mission MBA as my consultants. They responded quickly and gave me an ok evaluation. We agreed that they would follow up in the new future (as I said, it was a two year process) but they never did. I immediately switched from them to MBA Exchange. I read a lot of good about them online and especially on Poets and Quants.
They were very responsive. Dan answered every single question, fully. I opted for the a la carte service on per hourly basis to strictly work on my essays. I couldn't quite afford the full per-school package. I had a sub-3.0 GPA from a competitive engineering program and a decent GMAT/GRE with a high quant score. But, these credentials were below average for an applicant to Haas. With Dan's help, I worked really hard on my essays. He helped me pull it all together and tell the best, most cohesive story possible. Also, since I have been out of school for a while, he recommended I take a Statistics class, which also helped me add to complete the application to Haas. Once I got invited to interview, I signed up for an interview practice with Marina. I was awful during our mock interview, but her insight was invaluable. Her questions and format were nearly identical to those at an interview with Haas. I was very well prepared. If nothing else, I highly recommend their interview package with the mock interview. I think that it completed my transformation into a well-rounded applicant and made all the difference. Result - I got into my first and only choice school. I start at Haas this August, 2013. I highly recommend MBA Exchange. It was worth the investment to get it done right.