Retake the GMAT with a different mba.com account

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:640
Sorry if this question does not relate to GMAT strategy as I don't know where to post such a question.

I cannot access to my yahoo mail, which I used to register for an mba.com account to take the test 3 years ago. Now I wanna to retake the test with a new account created using my gmail. However, I wonder if GMAC will report my new result together with the old ones (I took 2 tests in the last 3 years).

I dont mind if universities know that I am taking GMAT 3 times. But I do care that whether they think that I am trying to erase my low score record in previous tests (GMAT may report to universities that I took 3 tests: 2 low scores with old account and 1 higher score with new account). Then schools may undermine my application.

Appreciate if anyone know about this GMAC process.
"There is nothing either good or bad - but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 am
I would try to sort out your yahoo account or call customer service at gmac.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 am
Jim is right. Call customer service and get your account switched over. The results are tied to you, not your email, so it would NOT be the case that they would report that you had two low scores and then switched accounts. Think about this, I am certain that people have changed their NAME while applying to business school- you know because of marriage or divorce or just because they chose to change it like the athletes Chad Johnson "Ocho Cinco" or Ron Artest "World Peace." Now I do not suspect that either of those guys is headed to business school, but if GMAC can keep up with name changes they can certainly work with your new email address.

Why go through the hassle of setting up a new account? Give GMAC a call and give them a chance to earn their money!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course