Profile Evaluation - HELP!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - HELP!

by pjyoti » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm
I am looking to apply for an MBA but after my GMAT exam I'm vary because of my score...do I even stand a chance?
(Looking to apply to Booth, Kellogg, Yale, Ross..I thought about Wharton too, but may drop it)

Undergrad - top 10 Engineering Schools (Major; Electrical Engr, Econ), amongst the 10 women in the EE program (also international)
GPA - 3.4
GMAT -610 (Q:49, and poor verbal)
Work Ex: 3.5 yrs (Big 4, Consulting, rated a top performer in the US firm)
Extra Curricular: Leadership positions in multiple Non-profit organizations (non profit background since undergrad)

I have been fairly strong academically, but giving an exam after 3 yrs during project closure and deliverables was not only hard but extremely frustrating. I'm concerned about my profile for these schools....is it worth the application?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:29 pm
Your profile seems good in terms of work experience, leadership roles ,and extra curricular activities.You will be competitive for all of your target schools if you get a solid GMAT score (720+)in your second attempt. After getting a stellar GMAT score,your next challenge will be to effectively present your profile in your essays and resume and get commendable recommendation letters.
If you find my post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.
myEssayReview- A personalized and dedicated essay review service
https://myessayreview.com/
Email:[email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by pjyoti » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 am
Appreciate the response.
The only caveat - THAT was my second attempt at GMAT. Is there a way I can still make it to these schools?

My recommenders will focus on Communication as a major strength area (which is basically what I verbal score will be used for)

In your experience have people with my profile seen the light of such schools..or am I basically throwing money down the drain?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 pm
The average score of all of the schools you have mentioned falls within 700- 720. The only weak area in your profile is your GMAT, and improving you GMAT is well within your control. Retake GMAT one more time with thorough preparation and aim at getting an excellent score.

Perseverance is the key here.One of the applicants had signed up with my company for her R-2 application , but she didn't apply because of her poor GMAT score. She retook in December and improved it significantly, but still didn't get her desired score. Now she is determined to retake it the third time, get her target score and then apply next year in R-1.

Are you applying R-2?
If you find my post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.
myEssayReview- A personalized and dedicated essay review service
https://myessayreview.com/
Email:[email protected]