Work Experience Advice Needed!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Work Experience Advice Needed!

by Suz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 pm
Hi,

I have worked at a Big 4 consulting firm for 1 year. I am planning to work for 2-3 years more before applying for my MBA. I have to choose between two offers- Blue Chip company where the profile is not so great, but there is flexibility in transferring divisions and growing quickly, and a startup private equity firm- where there is a small team and so it is a great place to learn. I'm extremely confused about which one would be better for my MBA Application.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am
Other issues aside, a start-up private equity group is much more unique... Business schools want leaders and trail blazers; ou will get more of this with the PE firm.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Suz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm
Thanks Jim. The PE firm is in its funding stages so its an internship to start with and it could translate to a job if the firm gets funding. The blue chip company(Google) needs my confirmation within a day or so. Is it worth taking the risk for the PE firm? Will it be exponentially better for my applications? The role at Google is in the Sales and Marketing Division. I'm super confused. What would you suggest I do?

Thanks so much.