Median and Centroid Geometry concept tested in GMAT Math?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hello

I would like to clarify if the Median and Centroid concepts in Geometry are tested in GMAT PS(Problem Solving) and DS(Data Sufficiency) section.I have attempted certain mock tests and could hardly find questions pertaining to them.
Resilience is a trait that manifests in an individual when he/she faces consistent failures motivating them to succeed in the end.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 pm
The GMAT exam measures your ability to think logically and solve complex problems. While you will need to know basic math concepts, including geometry, to be successful in the exam, you should not view the GMAT exam as a test of mathematical proficiency. During the exam you will likely encounter test questions that will require an understanding of geometry, but it is not a geometry test. I hope that clarifies things for you.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!