Profile Help

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Help

by tele44 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 am
Hi,

Please suggest some good mba programs in US where i can get in and preferable get some financial aid

GMAT 660
GPA 3.48
Education - Electronics and communicaton engineering.
Work Experience 5 years total.1.5 years as an assistant manager in a private company which i helped grow and 3.5 years as a software engineer in Wipro.
Have won couple of management awards including a best manager award.Excellent community involvement.Have won lot of debates ,essay writing competitions and good community involvement(Rehabilitation of victims of Indian ocean tsunami)

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 am
Dear tele44,

Thanks for your message. Without knowing your post-MBA career goals it is difficult to suggest the absolute best fits for you in terms of schools, but I can still offer some advice. Given your current GPA and GMAT score, some good options for you may be Ross (Michigan), Kellogg and NYU Stern. To increase your chances of winning merit-based aid, I highly recommend retaking the GMAT. Increasing your score by 50 or at best 100 points would make you a much more likely candidate for scholarships.

If you are able to increase your GMAT score significantly, you may consider adding MIT and Wharton to your target school list. Even without a big increase in your score, those schools may still be attainable for you with a carefully constructed application package. I would be happy to discuss how my colleagues and I at Stratus Prep can help you develop the most compelling story as we work with numerous engineers from India each year. If you are interested in potentially collaborating with us, you can email me at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation.

Good luck!

Best,
Shawn
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.