Is 600 too low to apply for a scholarship?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is 600 too low to apply for a scholarship?

by ngock11 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 am
Hi!

I took GMAT today n got a 600 (quant 43, verbal 30), which was really below what I expected. Last night I scored a 640 on my GMAT practice test so 600 on the real one was quite a disappointment. My TOEFL score is 111 n I have a gpa above 3.9. I took 2 months to prepare for the test while juggling all the school work n some extra curricular activities. So I must admit that I wasn't that dedicated or I simply didn't improve from all the studies. I really want to apply to Kelley, Indiana n I think their average gmat score is 690+. Did I really blow my chance of getting into the school with a scholarship? I dun think I can retake the GMAT again this year because I still have school exams and there's simply not enough time till the application deadlines.

PS: I think me being 19 years old doesn't help the situation either. Plus I've had no work experience so my profile wouldn't even look attractive. Any thoughts please?

Thanks everyone!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm
Hello, ngock11! I'm sorry to hear you did not score as high on the GMAT exam as you had hoped. However, you may not want to give up yet! While I certainly cannot speak for Kelley, I can tell you that admissions officers look at the full context of your application. You may want to reach out to the admissions department at Kelley to learn more about their admissions and financial aid requirements. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!