Profile Evaluation - interesting case!

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - interesting case!

by KaranTiwari » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm
Hello,

I am a recent grad from Murray State University with BS in Finance and a CGPA of 3.54/4. I also hold an Associates degree in Hotel Management from India (not a top school) and also have around 2.5 years work experience in the field of hospitality in India. I have worked with J W Marriott hotels and Jet Airways. I have not taken my GMAT yet but expect to score between 550-600 in the exam. I have also been volunteering at a non-profit organisation for a few months now. I have also been briefly involved with some other associations in undergrad school.

I have not followed a traditional academic or professional path so far (Associates degree followed by 2.5 yrs of work ex followed by BS degree) which makes my case different and complicated. I am now looking to pursue MBA in the field of Finance. Any idea what kind of MBA schools am I likely to get accepted in (with examples)? Your inputs will be much appreciated.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am
Hi KiranTiwari and thanks for your post.
My first question is related to your GMAT. Before you take the test, I'm wondering if you're working on prepping for the exam, and if there is any way you can increase your score. I ask this because, although there are many aspects of your profile that you can't change at this point, your GMAT score MAY be somewhat changeable, and if possible, improving it, would allow you more options in terms of your school choice.
However, there are programs out there that very likely might be a good fit for you with your expected complete profile. For example, i'd suggest that you look into Wake Forest University, George Washington University, University of Denver to start.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a more detailed assessment of your profile.
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit