Will it be OK to take Gmat in dec 2nd week for fall 2013.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I really need help as i have been preparing for the Gmat from more than couple of months but some unfortunate things came up which dragged me behind in my preparations. i had planned to take gmat by 10th november 2012 but couldn't do so. Please suggest if it will be OK to give the exam by 2nd week of december 2012?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 am
Hello, Devanshi.

As always, the best time to take the GMAT exam is when you are ready! But I am happy to give you some more information that may help with your decision. The GMAT exam is held year-round, so you have the opportunity to take the exam as soon as you are ready to do so. When deciding when you want to take the exam you may want to keep in mind the following:

Your GMAT exam scores are valid for five years so you can take the exam now, even if you do not plan to apply to graduate school for another couple of years.

Your official GMAT score report takes up to 20 business days to process so you will need to take the exam at least 21 days before your first admission deadline.

You can take the GMAT exam only once every 31 days, so if you think you will want to take the exam more than once, you will need to factor that into your timeline as well.

If you do plan to take the exam in December, you may want to book your appointment as soon as possible, as December appointment times tend to fill up very quickly.

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:760

by unclesam2013 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm
Yes, take the GMAT only when you feel prepared; there's no point in booking your date early and then screwing the exam

by Devanshi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am
Thanks a lot Rebacca :)
OfficialGMAT wrote:Hello, Devanshi.

As always, the best time to take the GMAT exam is when you are ready! But I am happy to give you some more information that may help with your decision. The GMAT exam is held year-round, so you have the opportunity to take the exam as soon as you are ready to do so. When deciding when you want to take the exam you may want to keep in mind the following:

Your GMAT exam scores are valid for five years so you can take the exam now, even if you do not plan to apply to graduate school for another couple of years.

Your official GMAT score report takes up to 20 business days to process so you will need to take the exam at least 21 days before your first admission deadline.

You can take the GMAT exam only once every 31 days, so if you think you will want to take the exam more than once, you will need to factor that into your timeline as well.

If you do plan to take the exam in December, you may want to book your appointment as soon as possible, as December appointment times tend to fill up very quickly.

Good luck!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by FredT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm
I also plan to take the GMAT around the third week of December. Though will be a bit stretched to meet the deadlines but I really want to score well and I don't think that I can do well right now so you shouldn't be late i think

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by neeti2711 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:07 am
Is it 'necessary' to take the test at least 21 days before the deadline.. We get the unofficial score immediately.. so can't we apply to colleges based on that score?

by bj.1984 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm
Hi Neeti,
It depends on the school. You should confirm with the school if they accept unofficial scores else check the FAQ section of your targeted school(s).

Regards,