GMAT Focus online test Feedback

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Focus online test Feedback

by kristoph16 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:59 pm
I recently purchased the new gmat Focus online test.

I can't say that I can completely endorse it.

It did teach me a couple tricks, and help me analyze where I need help...
For that it definitely does what it says it can do.
so I'll give it a B- rating, mainly because I can't retake it, and the questions are not CAT?

It costs $25 to take 1 time... Kind of on the pricey side

Hope this helps anyone looking to purchase this

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:40 pm
For about $5 more you would 6 CAT tests from ManhattanGMAT not to mention you would be able to delete your scores and re-take.

Or you can just purchase one of their books for about $25 and get the 6tests for free alongwith a year-long access to their QuestionBank for the topic covered by the book

Oh,btw, ManhattanGMAT has a 10%discount for BTG members

https://www.beatthegmat.com/discounts.html

by noogles » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 am
Manhattan GMAT is far and away the best for CATS, although their math sections take longer than you will experience on the the real GMAT CAT. However, the MGMAT score will likely be close to how you score on your real GMAT. I scored in the 700s on their CATs and on the real GMAT. Other copmany's products did not seem representative of the real GMAT.

If you want free practice material, there is a free online question bank with hundreds of GMAT questions at https://www.testsandtutors.com . It's great for practice and identifying weak spots.

Best of luck on your GMAT.

Manhattan GMAT Cat

by swatip » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 am
Hi.......

just wanna know if i buy manhattan strategy guide ..will they be providing 6 online tests as mentioned there .... but then what is difference if I buy only online tests and if i buy online tests along with strategy guide. Surprisingly former costs me more.

Please update me on this.

Legendary Member

Re: Manhattan GMAT Cat

by Neo2000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 am
swatip wrote:Hi.......

just wanna know if i buy manhattan strategy guide ..will they be providing 6 online tests as mentioned there ....
Yup, all guides come with online tests.
swatip wrote:but then what is difference if I buy only online tests and if i buy online tests along with strategy guide. Surprisingly former costs me more.
Please update me on this.
Business decision :lol: anyhow it makes more sense to buy the guide because the guide also gives you access to the respective Question bank.

by swatip » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm
Thanks for reply..just one more concern ..strategy guide along with question bank and six online tests ..they ll be giving online access once i buy..or they will be shipping book and cd,since I have got my exam in two weeks

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 pm
Online access comes with the book so you'll have to wait till it comes. Try amazon. they have 1day shipping and i think its cheaper.Though am not sure with the 10% discount that you get via BTG

https://www.beatthegmat.com/discounts.html