Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

confused about school selection

by shiv » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:56 pm
Hi,

My profile stands like this
Male, IT Industry - 27 Years
6 years experience in IT industry and have about 3 years as managerial experience
Having GMAT on Aug 11. Decent Acads. Not so very good extra curriculars
Have seen various facets of a IT Project and am now supporting Sales group in technical issues and gathering good knowledge about Sales. Planning to join a firm specializing in resturcturing companies or remodelling a broke company(so have assumed that Analytical Finance/Corporate Restructuring are the key areas to focus on) post MBA but do not have my dream company yet sorted out

I was planning for next year fall admission, and have shortlisted the following schools
1) ISB ( No doubts abt this choice since its in India and offers Analytical Finance. Fees of 40000 USD is just about the fees that i am looking for)
2) NUS (Near to home and also fees decent. Offers course required)
3) HKUST ( Have heard good reviews and really like the partnership with LBS.Also close to home and will get preference for a job in asia)
4) SAID (good school and a big brand name but very expensive, will tighten my strings greatly)
5) Hult( Last resort. But competetive price, offers Corporate restructuring course and also have a sem in Dubai, so can experience divesity. Also MBA from US uni will definitely be a good experience and hence added this on the list)

I want some one to tell me if my thinking is correct and also let me know if i am not looking at some of the options that i should be looking at , considering all the factors that i have enlisted above

I also had a look at IMD, HEC, INSEAD , CASS , Cambridge business school, nanyang, IIM B, wharton , Melbourne Business school and have rejected all of them due to some or the other reason

Please let me know if mre details are expected from my side and i should be happy to provide

Looking forward to hear some expert comments on the same since this would truely determine my final list of colleges

Thanks
Shiv

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm
Hi Shiv,
To be honest, I don't know much about international MBA programs. If you need assistance, feel free to contact Veritas directly, and they will be able to connect you with someone that has more experience with international programs.

Vertias Prep's direct number is 800.925.7737, International: 1.310.456.8716 | UK: 44.207.099.2094

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep