Profile evaluation Indian (CFA+CA+CS, GMAT score 660)

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi,

I took my 2nd GMAT on 8th Nov, 2012 and scored 660.
My 1st GMAT was in Jan, 2011 (score 620)

My background:-

I am a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), a Chartered Accountant (Indian equivalent of CPA) and a Company Secretary. I have close to 4 years and 6 months of work experience. I have been working with Genpact (a top KPO in India) for the past 2 years, my client is GE, I am advising my clients on Accounting and Financial complexities and also analyzing the valuation of companies where GE made its investments.

Prior to this I was working with HSBC and was involved in preparations of financial statements of Hedge Funds and also involved in analyzing the performance of Hedge funds.

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
June '12: Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) under the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (USA)
May '08: Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
June '07: Qualified Company Secretary (CS), Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Jun '06: B.Com (Hons.), St. Xaviers' College 70.8%
Mar '03: AISSCE, Apeejay School, Kolkata, CBSE 85.4%
Mar '01: AISSE, Apeejay School, Kolkata, CBSE 81.0%
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACHIEVEMENTS
Cricket
􀂃Represented Mohammedan Sporting Club in 2nd division Cricket league
􀂃Was among the initial shortlisted candidates by C.A.B for under-13 cricket tournament in the year 1997.
Table Tennis
􀂃1st in intra Genpact table tennis tournament (Singles and doubles) in the year 2011
􀂃2nd in intra HSBC CoE Table Tennis Tournament (Singles) in the year 2008
􀂃Represented the school in inter school sports competition in table tennis in the year 2001
􀂃2nd in Singles and 3rd in doubles in Intra school table tennis tournament (Singles) in the year 2001-2002
Literary Events
􀂃Participated in various intra school debate competitions in Apeejay School during the period '01-'03
􀂃Actively Participated in various intra school quiz competitions
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
􀂃School Representative for Apeejay School in various Inter School Fests and Events for '02 & '03
􀂃Active member of the organizing committee for annual day function of Apeejay School for '02 & '03 and inter- collegiate fest of St. Xaviers' College 'Xavotsav 2004' and Class representative in St Xaviers' college, Kolkata in 04-05
􀂃Held a position of responsibility as the Prefect of Apeejay School
OTHER INTERESTS
􀂃Social Service: Spearheaded the "Each One Teach One" program for the underprivileged
􀂃Hobbies: Numismatics & Philately
􀂃Financial: Actively follow financial markets.
􀂃Sports: Keenly follow English Premier League.

In school, I was also associated with the Duke of Edinburgh awards program which is a self development program and went to different places in India for camping and trekking and as a part of the program I also took teaching classes for the underprivileged. I still carry the experience of the program and from time to time I involve myself in some kind of social activity.
I have taken the initiative to organized blood donation camps in my college and my organization where I am working. From time to time I also take initiatives in my organization to help the underprivileged.

I also love playing table tennis and consistently represented my school in various inter school events and was the runners up in the intra school singles competition in 2001-02. I was also the runners up in singles in HSBC, Kolkata in the year 2008; I was the champion in singles & doubles of Genpact, Jaipur (approx 5000+ employees).

I represented my school in various inter school debates and quiz competition, I also held the position of responsibilities as the class representative in St Xaviers' college in the year 2005 and also took active part in organizing "Xavotsav" the annual college fest

I wanted to know which college i stand a good chance to apply. I was keen on an MBA from Asia.

Regards
Vishal