HELP Need Expert Advice - One day to the GMAT and NOT ready

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members
Hello Community

I need some expert advice.Im scheduled to take the GMAT on the 3rd of November and just a week ago on my GMAT prep 1 scored a 680.On thinking that the scores will improve in the coming week and tests I pressed on.However im dissapointed that the test scores on my last two mocks have gone down to a 650 and a 620.
Ive lost some confidence because of this.I fear that on going ahead with the test will not fetch me the score I need and force me to wait for another month before i can retake the test.This will be a problem as the deadlines for two of my target schools are on the 3rd of December.
Im considering rescheduling the test by a couple of weeks.I think this might help me to tackle the basics of my weak areas and inturn help me to cinch the score I need.

Im quite confused though.Any advice from the experts/counsellors on this will be helpful.

Thanks

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by AristotlePrep » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm
If you feel that you'd be better off by not taking the test tomorrow, you may want to reschedule your test. However, that would mean forfeiting the entire registration fee of $250. So logically it makes sense to take the test as that would at least help you gain some insights about the test that you will be able to utilize when you kick off your prep again. Who knows you might do well on this attempt itself!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 am
As AristotlePrep mentioned, you might as well take the test.
Your 680 practice test suggests that you have a solid grasp of the material, so adopt a confident attitude for the test. Confidence is key.

Be sure to let us know how you did.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by soni_pallavi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am
Hello Brent

Ive rescheduled my test and pushed it to the 25th of Nov allowing me to take more practice tests and work on improving my accuracy and inturn build more confidence...

Could you tell me if I can retake GMAT Prep tests after having taken the two preps twice already i.e taken GMAT Prep 1 once and then reset it to take it again (same with Prep 2) ??

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 am
You can take the tests as many times as you wish.
Each of the two GMATPrep tests draw questions from two question banks.
So, if you retake Prep 2, you will see some of the same questions you encountered the first and second time you took Prep 2.

Having said that, it's still worthwhile to take these tests multiple times. I wrote an article for BTG that covers this in greater detail: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/03/ ... iple-times

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com