Should I take another practice test?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Should I take another practice test?

by caitlinbadeaux » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 am
I'm really stressed and don't know what to do. I am taking the GMAT in 6 days, and have only taken 2 practice tests - my initial one before studying and again, where I did not have good time management and did poorly. I attempted to take a 3rd a few weeks ago but had a minor panic attack and wasn't able to complete the exam. Now, my test is in 6 days, and I don't know if another one would be beneficial as they say it's counterproductive to take one within the week of your test. Taking a practice test takes a lot out of you so I feel it could be better to just spend the day doing sets out of the OG and reviewing (while timing myself). I also have another test scheduled a month after this week, so I am definitely going to be taking it again and will have more time for practice tests. Please give me advice!! Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am
If you have had trouble finishing up to this point, you should most definitely take another exam.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 am
Hello, Caitlin! There is no substitute for practice, so if you are not scoring where you would like to be, I definitely recommend doing more practice questions. As for your question about using practice exams or solving questions from the Guide, it all depends on what you need to practice, and what format works best for you. If you are strong in one area and weak in the other, you may find doing extra practice questions from the guide will allow you to focus on the areas you most need to improve. If you want to practice the pacing, and familiarizing yourself with the exam format, practice tests are a good strategy. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!