Best B-school consultant guides: Clear Admit vs MBA Mission?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740
Hi,
I'm looking for the most comprehensive b-school guides to buy and am considering the Clear Admit vs the mbaMission guides specifically for HBS/Stanford/Kellogg and Chicago Booth. Any recommendations or even other consultant guides that I can think of buying?
Thanks
<Getting>

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amit_enggvnit » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 am
If this helps in any way, I've written a review of the Clearadmit School Guide. You may want to read the review and decide for yourself.

https://amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in/2012/ ... guide.html
Follow my Application Journey:
amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rautab » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 am
After applying and getting dinged at various schools last year I decided to go for a admission consultant and after a lot of reserach decided to go for MBADream.in and I couldn't have done any better. One of the reason I choose them was because they are experts with indian applicants. Add to it a solid track record of getting more than 99% of the applicants admitted into their preffered MBA program you have a winner in my eyes.

Getting 7 interview invites from TOP 20 schools already combined with ISB speaks volume about the quality of work done by MBADream. I also got admitted into Vanderbilt Owen with more than 75% scholarship. I am thoroughly convinced that MBADream increased my chances many times over than if I had done it on my own considering I would fall under the most competitive applicant pools ever. My consultant's guidance and ability to see the best in me helped me realize my life long dreams. I would highly recommend MBAdream, especially to anyone that wants to differentiate themselves and compete for the most coveted business school acceptance letters

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:31 am
As someone who has studied this application process, there isn't anything in any of those guides that you cannot find from researching schools. Also, if there is information that is readily and publicly available, then ask yourself what the benefit really is in buying a guide. I have yet to find a guide that made me go "WOW, I didn't know that about the school."

Secondly - If there are any folks out there who do write these guides and may be "offended" by this post, message me so we can work something out! Hahah... it's all out of love.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants