770 (Q50,V47): How BEATtheGMAT helped me beat the GMAT!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:49 members
GMAT Score:770
Update :As promised I have posted the updated score and debrief in the link below.)

https://www.beatthegmat.com/770-q50-v47- ... tml#498518

I just finished my GMAT. Needless to say that I am pretty thrilled. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the BTG members and experts who were instrumental in my preparation. Although I rarely posted original posts, (in fact I think I did only one), I replied fairly frequently to the problems posted by various posters. For now, I would like to wholeheartedly thank:

First and foremost, Eric Bahn for creating this wonderful site.

I would like to thank all of you for being on the site, and in particular:
- Karthikpandian19 for being such a wonderful poster and posting excellent questions.
- All of my followers for following me :)
- aneesh.kg for the wonderful encouragement he gave me when I started posting.
- ksc1940 for suggesting schools to look into.
- hey_thr67, neotinx, topspin360, Sri, AJWILL, vk_vinayak, kartikshah, jimmyjimmy, dhonu121 for having such fun and lively discussions.
- All people who thanked me for my posts.
- All the posters who were really active when I started visiting this site back in May.

I would also like to thank the following experts (in no particular order)
- Kasia for being the first expert to thank me for my post.
- Brent for posting such wonderful probability and combinatorics questions and replies.
- Anurag for posting the rigorous algebra approaches to a multitude of problems.
- Mitch for posting alternate explanations using a myriad of ways, thinking outside the box.
- Bill, Jim, and Stuart for their wonderful posts, explanations and encouraging comments calling my posts "excellent explanations as usual".
These comments really kept me on track, especially with the crazy work schedule that I have had to endure in the last few months.

Once again, thank you my fellow BTG members, its been a pleasure to be on this site so far. My preparation was fairly non-standard with BTG playing a big part in my practice. As far as today, and my prep is concerned, I will post a detailed debrief once I receive my official IR and AWA scores. As for the future, now that the GMAT is over, I will be applying to my target schools in the next month and a half.

Cheers!
Last edited by eagleeye on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:12 members

by patanjali.purpose » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 pm
Great news - I think many of us were waiting for your score. Its a great score.

Many congratulations.

Look forward to read your detailed debrief.

regards,
Patanjali

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by shekhar.kataria » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:26 am
Many Congratulations Eagleeye :).

Patanjali is right in saying many of us who follow you were waiting for this story. Infact, in the past few days you were almost absent from BTG, though i see one or two replies in my Follow mail from BTG.

You have been for inspiration for many. I hope you will continue helping your fellow members whenever possible.

btw which schools you are targeting.

Congratulations once again :)

eagleeye wrote:I just finished my GMAT. Needless to say that I am pretty thrilled. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the BTG members and experts who were instrumental in my preparation. Although I rarely posted original posts, (in fact I think I did only one), I replied fairly frequently to the problems posted by various posters. For now, I would like to wholeheartedly thank:

First and foremost, Eric Bahn for creating this wonderful site.

I would like to thank all of you for being on the site, and in particular:
- Karthikpandian19 for being such a wonderful poster and posting excellent questions.
- All of my followers for following me :)
- aneesh.kg for the wonderful encouragement he gave me when I started posting.
- ksc1940 for suggesting schools to look into.
- hey_thr67, neotinx, topspin360, Sri, AJWILL, vk_vinayak, kartikshah, jimmyjimmy, dhonu121 for having such fun and lively discussions.
- All people who thanked me for my posts.
- All the posters who were really active when I started visiting this site back in May.

I would also like to thank the following experts (in no particular order)
- Kasia for being the first expert to thank me for my post.
- Brent for posting such wonderful probability and combinatorics questions and replies.
- Anurag for posting the rigorous algebra approaches to a multitude of problems.
- Mitch for posting alternate explanations using a myriad of ways, thinking outside the box.
- Bill, Jim, and Stuart for their wonderful posts, explanations and encouraging comments calling my posts "excellent explanations as usual".
These comments really kept me on track, especially with the crazy work schedule that I have had to endure in the last few months.

Once again, thank you my fellow BTG members, its been a pleasure to be on this site so far. My preparation was fairly non-standard with BTG playing a big part in my practice. As far as today, and my prep is concerned, I will post a detailed debrief once I receive my official IR and AWA scores. As for the future, now that the GMAT is over, I will be applying to my target schools in the next month and a half.

Cheers!
Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress.--Thomas A. Edison

If you find this post helpful, let me know by clicking thanks above :-)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:41 am
Well, I can't say that I'm surprised by your score of 770. Your posts were of that calibre right from the beginning :-)
Congratulations eagleeye! We'll miss you.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by neotinx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm
tell us the secret to get 700 or higher! =D

K let's be serious. could post your journey of GMAT preparation?

Thanks and Congrats again

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:730

by dtse86 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 pm
Congrats on your accomplishment! I'm just starting out on this site myself, but your story inspires me to keep pushing!

I hope to be where you are sometime in the near future! Enjoy the success!

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:680

by sam2304 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 pm
Awesome score buddy !! Congrats !! I peeped in I just beat the GMAT section twice yesterday to see this update :wink:
Getting defeated is just a temporary notion, giving it up is what makes it permanent.
https://gmatandbeyond.blogspot.in/

Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:650

by tisrar02 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 am
Amazing score Eagleeye!

Appreciate the posts helping me understand harder questions types. Well deserved score. Any sources you felt really helped you out during your prep?

Good luck on the applications but I don't think you'll need the luck with your wisdom and knowledge.

Regards,

Tahir
Dedication is what leads to success...

by Vivekv » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am
Congrats!
I am a starter in GMAT Journey, so Could you please post your journey of GMAT preparation, Study Materials\Books used?

Followed by:2 members

by ebullient » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 pm
Congrats! Awesome score... you so deserved it!!
Good luck with your target schools :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:720

by rijul007 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am
Amazing score!! Congratz :)

by Bhanupriya Purushottaman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 am
Great Score Buddy! Looking forward for my Gmat test scheduled in february... can you please share your prep methods for our perusal?

cheers,
Bhanupriya

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members

by Jim@StratusPrep » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 am
Congrats! Good feeling to get that score. (now you only have to write all the applications!)
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Followed by:4 members

by das.ashmita » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 am
Congrats EagleEye
Awesome Score!!.... guess we all already knew, you would beat the GMAT. :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by thermcin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:10 pm
Hi Eagleeye,

I took the GMAT on the same day as you did - Aug 18th 2012. I didnt get my official score report or an email from the Pearson VUE that my score report is available online. I was wondering whether you did? I am starting to get worried because the first time I took my GMAT, I got the email within one week! I dont know whether there is some problem with my exam???