Study Plan for Quantitative Part?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Study Plan for Quantitative Part?

by Cabritilla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 am
Hi everybody,

I want to take the GMAT beginning of November (not sure about the exact date yet).
I need to score a 550 but if I´m doing this pain in the **** test of course I´d like to do better, maybe around 600-650. Hopefully two month of studying will be enough.

My problem is not the verbal part. I have been through the Manhattan books already and did the OG questions without much difficulty. Critical Reasoning is giving me a hard time but I think I will manage with more practice.

What is really worrying me is the Quant part. I suck at it. Especially DS. I am not dumb (at least I managed my A-levels and my Bachelor Degree with very good results) but I can´t wrap my head around it.
I even don´t know how to best beginn my studies and where to start.

Do you have any advice how I can structure my study plan for Quant? I heard the Geometry doesn´t appear that often on the GMAT, so maybe I shouldn´t focus too much on that in order to save time for more "important" stuff?
Any tipps or advice is appreciated!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 am
Hi Cabritilla,

Welcome to BTG!

To help you stay on track, and ensure that you cover all of the necessary concepts, you might consider signing up for BTG's free Study Guide: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide

To get you started on Data Sufficiency questions (which everyone finds difficult at first), you might want to watch our free videos that cover all aspects of this unique question type: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat-data-sufficiency

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Cabritilla » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:42 am
Thanks a lot! I will try this study plan. But I still have my 12th Edition of the Offcial Guide. Do you think it is necessary to purchase the 13th Edition as well?