GMAT 680 SUGGESTIONS PLZ

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT 680 SUGGESTIONS PLZ

by bhopalkararpit » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 am
HELLO,
I SCORED 680 IN GMAT. I AM A PRO TABLE TENNIS PLAYER. HAVE REPRESENTED INDIAN TEAM AT VARIOUS LEVELS AND HAVE WORK EXP OF 7 YEARS.
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHICH SCHOOLS TO APPLY ?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 am
You have more work experience than is required by most top schools .You are also a sportsperson which is great.

Please tell us more about your profile to be able to advise you on the selection of schools. Based on the information provided by you,I suggest you should apply to schools where the average GMAT score if below 700.

Also, the selection of schools will be largely determined by other factors e.g your chosen field, your goals , and geographical location of the school you prefer. For this you will need to do research to find out which schools match your interests (in your case table tennis) and other goals.You may start your research of school rankings with 'Financial Times' and 'Business Week'.

I hope it helped.
If you find my post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.
myEssayReview- A personalized and dedicated essay review service
https://myessayreview.com/
Email:[email protected]

Thanks a lot for the reply and your advice, i really appreciate
Here is more about my profile :-
1)To Sum up in Sports field:-
Represented India in Table Tennis.
world Railways champion 2010 ( Singles event)
Led Indian Railways team to its first ever Team Gold in the world Railways championships , Russia 2010.
won gold medal in south Asian Junior Team Championships-05.
Trained under Chinese coach from the age of 10.
Indian Table Tennis Team Probables for the commonwealth games 2010 and trained under then Indian Coach Massimo Constantitni from Italy for the same.
Played Super League in Table tennis in Serbia for club named Red Star Belgrade and secured second position in the league.
Have won many medals at national level in various categories.
National Child Award from Vice president of India -2002 for Exceptional achievement in field of sports.

2) Professional exp:
*worked as Senior Ticket Examiner in Indian Railways. Had a lot of experience in field of Public management while working in Railways.
*Currently working as an Auditor under Comptroller and Auditor General of India. As we are prohibited from explaining our work profile on internet, so i can just say that we scrutinize the Government's management of Funds used for development.

3)Other experience :-
*i am guiding youngsters for last few years in a Table tennis club, where the players are trained free of cost and are not require to pay any sort of fees. The club has been such for last 50 years or so. and it is producing many good level players.

4)Preference of Geographical Location :-
* i am ok with any Location. i have travelled across many countries and have lived away from my home since i was 10.But if i am asked for a an option, i would prefer Europe . But still, i am quiet alright with the location , as long as i get admission in a Good university.

5)Goals:
I have worked in and have gained bit of experience in multiple fields.
Personally Table Tennis, and sports as a whole is my passion. Also General management is what interests me, as i manage young athletes from my club.
In a country like India , where a sportsman gets money only after he/she wins a medal at a recognised level but no one cares how the same athlete has struggled to achieve such heights, without sponsors, money , equipment etc. Many of such aspiring and talented sportsmen abandon the game due the lack of necessary support. So my goal has a mix of Sports and Management, but not to confuse it with sports management. In India , only Sports management does not work. One has to deal with many-many fields simultaneously. In sum , i want to make sports cheaper and more available for young aspirants of India.

by myEssayReview » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm
Sorry for the delayed response.

Your profile is brilliant. Indeed, your accomplishments in spots are exemplary and makes me wonder why you are not representing India in the next Olympics. Trust me, your sports accomplishments will distinguish you from the other candidates and schools will want you accept you because you will add significant value to their community in the area of sports.

As I said, You have more work experience than most US school require in their prospective candidates. You have great international experience as well. So you can apply in the US as well as European schools. If you prefer Europe, you may consider LBS or INSEAD. In the US, you may think of Wharton, Chicago, Yales , Columbia and Tepper...Again, do your research and decide which schools match your interests and goals ( table tennis clubs etc.)I must say I am impressed with your goals regarding sports. Being a person of Indian origin ,I absolutely understand and appreciate your goal. Your goal itself will set you part from Indian applicant pool.

Keep it up.

Good luck on your application.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by heinzmatt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am
Hello,
You have just an awesome profile with impressive extracurricular activities which makes you special.I would suggest you that you should apply for top 20 Business Schools in the world.You can apply for any of these colleges.I have read somewhere that if you have an impressive profile which shows your extracurricular activities in a good manner,your low GMAT score does not matter so much.
I think you should apply once at least.For this you should go for US business Schools.

by bhopalkararpit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am
myEssayReview wrote:Sorry for the delayed response.

Your profile is brilliant. Indeed, your accomplishments in spots are exemplary and makes me wonder why you are not representing India in the next Olympics. Trust me, your sports accomplishments will distinguish you from the other candidates and schools will want you accept you because you will add significant value to their community in the area of sports.

As I said, You have more work experience than most US school require in their prospective candidates. You have great international experience as well. So you can apply in the US as well as European schools. If you prefer Europe, you may consider LBS or INSEAD. In the US, you may think of Wharton, Chicago, Yales , Columbia and Tepper...Again, do your research and decide which schools match your interests and goals ( table tennis clubs etc.)I must say I am impressed with your goals regarding sports. Being a person of Indian origin ,I absolutely understand and appreciate your goal. Your goal itself will set you part from Indian applicant pool.

Keep it up.

Good luck on your application.
Thanks a lot for your review , Madam. Your Reply is indeed a confidence booster :).
i hope to do well :)

Regards and wishes

Arpit

by myEssayReview » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am
Good luck, Arpit.Let me know if you need my help with your essays.

by bhopalkararpit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 am
Thanks again, Madam. I'll definitely let you know about my progress and Essays. :)

Regards,

Arpit

by bhopalkararpit » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:58 pm
Hello Madam,

Yesterday, I received My awa+ir scores. i am afraid my awa score doesn't looks good - its a 4 and IR- 6.
will that be a too big problem for me ?

thanks and regards,
Arpit

by myEssayReview » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 pm
Hi Arpit,

I don't think you should fret so much about these scores.

In my opinion,your AWA score is average, not poor ,and your IR score is good, not great. So you are fine.
I hope it helped.

by bhopalkararpit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:20 am
Yes Madam, it eally helped , thanks again :)

Regards