1 year MBA from UK for 24000GBP from an average institute ??

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am from New Delhi, India and one of my friend is planning to do MBA from UK. He is not good in studies and just going there for not wasting his year as he is already wasted many years.

He tried to appear in entrance exams here but couldn't get through.

I think he is going to some UK MBA institute which may not be having good rank in the industry. The institute is not asking for any GMAT/GRE/IELTS or any other entrance test for enrollment.

He would be paying around 24000GBP(including everything) for this 1 year program.

He also informed that he would be getting 2 years work permit after the completion of the program in which he would work there.

Now i want to ask that is it really worthwhile to do MBA from UK for a student is anyway not good in studies here in India

Next, can he recover his 24000GBP in 2 years?

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:28 am
Is this just a way of surrogate advertising (I mean your signature is against forum rules, edit it). Why isnt your friend asking this question, instead of you. Anyway, which university is he going to, I myself am heading for UK to do my masters and have done quite a bit of research on B Schools in UK. So if you give me the name of the school he is going to I guess I would be able to tell you how good it is.

In general there are about 8 to 10 B Schools in UK that have excellent international recognition and also have very high standard of teaching.

These are
1.) LBS
2.) Judge and Said
3.) Cranfield SOM (most rankings put Cranfield in the second position especially for marketing and management courses), Warwick Business School, Manchester
4.) Lancaster, Cass (Very reputed for its finance courses and for finance would be among the top 4 schools)
5.) Nottingham, Durham and so on.

This is just a general ranking based on my research and also the many different rankings that I referred to (So please no one come accusing me of anything, if you have a different set of ranking please post it).

Outside these set of schools I wouldn't go to any other B school in UK (especially if I am an international student). Based on what you are saying it seems like your friend is going to one of those "n" number of 3rd rate schools that extensively advertise themselves in India. Unfortunately many people fall for these advertisements only to repent afterwards. I know quite a few number of people who have made a similar mistake and are now back in India with a degree that is not well recognized in India.

Regards

Thanks Gabreil

by zatang » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 pm
Thanks for your comments. Actually i have already told my friend in indirect words that it is not advisable to go to UK, considering all the options which he has provided. I am not aware of the exact university but now i would ask him to come to this forum and tell the details. Actually he is somewhat stubborn in his decision because he is kind of depressed of loosing one more year, here in India.

hi

by Sukhada » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 am
Hi ,

I am a resident in Uk and currently working in one of the colleges. I would say to ask your friend work out in india rather than in UK. Its going to be a waste of money spending MBA in Uk. we have such good institues in india.Well instead on spending for MBA in UK its better to deposit the money in bank and enjoy interest.

Re: hi

by zatang » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 am
Sukhada wrote:Hi ,

I am a resident in Uk and currently working in one of the colleges. I would say to ask your friend work out in india rather than in UK. Its going to be a waste of money spending MBA in Uk. we have such good institues in india.Well instead on spending for MBA in UK its better to deposit the money in bank and enjoy interest.
Sukhada, pls tell the same thing to my friend. I am right now in office and left my mobile at my home. Once i reach there, i would ask him to come online. Pls, explain him with logical points otherwise it would be difficult for him to understand. Thank you :(

I got the universtiy

by zatang » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm
Its university of of central lancashire and Lancashire Business School's Full Time MBA program

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

Re: I got the universtiy

by gabriel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:04 am
zatang wrote:Its university of of central lancashire and Lancashire Business School's Full Time MBA program
Never heard of it, I have already given you the list of top B Schools in UK. Beyond that it is purely a personal decision.

PS: - Since you did not edit your signature, (If you remember I told you in my very first post that it broke forum rules) I did it for you :)

1 yr mba in UK

by simar » Sun May 17, 2009 2:58 am
Hi,

Iam looking for a 1 year MBA course in UK in IT Management. Ive a GMAT score of 620 and 3 yrs IT work ex till date. Have worked as software engineer for 2 yrs with accenture and presently working as consultant in IBM.
If anyone can help me know which colleges i shd apply and are good to persue 1 yr mba from
thanking u n advance