1st KAPLAN PRACTICE TEST

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

1st KAPLAN PRACTICE TEST

by kapilmalhotra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:31 am
Hi

I just gave the kaplan premier practice test and scored a 600. This was my first ever computer test and my test date is 11th september which is technically 20 days. I have solved a lot of questions from both kaplan and the Official guides(solving all in both). I still have the kaplan 800 pending which I guess I will do simultaneously with my tests from now on. Could you please guide me from this point as to how should I go about with my prep as I aim to score a 700+ and as to how many mock tests should I give, as I resorted to a lot of guess works in the Kaplan test in order to finish the test on time

I would reallyyy appreciate your suggestion/advice at the earliest

Thanks
Kapil

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 am
Hi Kapil,

Work through the Kaplan book! It will help you out with strategies and practice problems. Try to get your CATs done, though in 20 day's you'll have limited time. Make sure you're using Kaplan methods during your tests--in the short term they may drop your score due to unfamiliarity, but once you've mastered them they will pay off! And, when you review tests and quizzes, make sure that you are reviewing correct answers as well as incorrect answers. If you got a question right in an inefficient way, look for ways to improve your speed. And, if you got a question correct in a cool or clever way, congratulate yourself and figure out how to reproduce it!

Finally, "resorting to a lot of guess work"is perfectly fine. The GMAT is adaptive, which means that you are guaranteed to be tested with problems above your level regardless of your score. When a problem looks too tough, it probably is a sign you're doing very well; make the best strategic guess you can, and move on.

Best of luck prepping for the test, and thanks for choosing Kaplan. Let me know what I can do to help, and happy studying!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage