Been going to Kaplan Classes, Avg. 610 shooting for 700+

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,

I'm taking my GMAT on Sept. 28th, and I'm in the last week of my Kaplan GMAT class.

Got a 610 diagnostic, and have fluctuated between 610-630 after 7 Kaplan practice CATs.

Trying to figure out how to best use my time until the exam. Biggest weakness is quant section and sentence correction.

Any resources for practicing specific types of math problems? e.g. 50 algebra, 50 inequalities, 50 overlapping sets, 50 combined rates, 50 statistics, etc.

I find the Kaplan resources to be only useful in a general sense - you can't practice one type of problem over and over again, just a group of problems that fall within one category of their method.

Any advice would be enormously helpful!

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by NextGreatLeader » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:26 am
The MGMAT books have related OG questions at the end of each guide. So, for instance, if you were in the Algebra guide, there would be a list of all of the related Algebra OG problems.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 pm
nycapuchin wrote:
Any resources for practicing specific types of math problems? e.g. 50 algebra, 50 inequalities, 50 overlapping sets, 50 combined rates, 50 statistics, etc.
Hi nycapuchin,

If you're in a Kaplan class, you absolutely can do that! Have you tried the Quiz Bank that came with your course? It's just that, and opportunity to make targeted, content-specific quizzes. Talk to your teacher if you're not sure how to use it!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage