MBA Time Table

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Time Table

by Xandar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:02 am
Stacy,

I am an entrepreneur who recently decided that grad school was for me. Like many have suggested, I'm going to give myself a few months to really prepare for the GMATs. If I was to take the test in early April, and have an acceptable score, what would my options be at that point. Considering that most application deadlines are around April, would my earliest possible admission now be in the fall of 2008? Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Xandar

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:38 am
Hi Xandar,
I definitely suggest that you focus on Round 1 2007, which means you would submit apps in September/October of this year and begin school in Fall 2008. You could also apply to a program that starts in January (such as Columbia) or Summer (such as Kellogg), and finish within a year. Applying this April, right after the GMAT would be difficult.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

by Xandar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:34 pm
Thanks for the advice :D

by dcil » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:01 pm
Hi Stacy,

I'm in the same position as Xandar. I have 3 schools on my list and my top school's R2 isn't until May 07, which means I have a shot at getting my GMAT and apps done by then.

Should I try to stretch and make the R2 deadline? Because I figure, might as well just give it a shot and if I don't make it ..reapply with the rest of my schools for Fall 08.

If I do try to make it to my top choice this fall, will it hurt my chances when I re-apply again (assuming I didn't get in for fall 07)?

Thx,

Daniel

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:05 pm
It's really hard to say without knowing more specifics...
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me