Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

by niladrichatterjee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:39 pm
I am planning to give GMAT in October 2012. I am interested in applying for ISB 2014 batch. Please evaluate my profile and suggest me a GMAT score that I should target.

Academic overview:
Class 10: 90% (CBSE)
Class 12: 81% (CBSE)
B. Tech: 9.2/10 University Topper in Electrical Engineering.

Work Experience:
4 years

I am currently working as a Junior Manager at Steel Authority of India Limited, posted in an ore beneficiation facility at Dhanabad in Jharkhand.

I am handling a team of 30 employees comprising senior supervisors and electricians. I am responsible for maintenance of electrical installations and oversee operation of plant. I ensure plant availability for maximum production time.

I am a member of the AMR team of the plant and have successfully upgraded the technology from PID based system to PLC based system.

In addition to this, I am looking after purchase and inventory management. I raise indents and place work orders and I am a member of the techno-commercial and economic feasibility committee.

I represent management in the Workers welfare committee and am an active member in an empowered group which resolves IR related issues and problems.

Extra curricular activities:
I am an avid quizzer since my school days. I have represented my company in many national level corporate quizzes winning a few of them. I have been part of the championship winning team of inter-organization quiz for three years in a row. I have started a quiz club in our township. I conduct monthly quizzes for all age groups.

Though playing sports just for leisure in my college days, I took up table tennis, rather seriously, after joining my company and have participated in many tournaments at inter and intra-organization levels. I have reached the finals of the table tennis competition conducted by my company, last year.

I participate actively in company CSR activities. I have mentored the project to provide electricity to two villages near our plant site. In addition to this I have been on the project to make clean potable water available to nearby villages. I also oversaw the construction of a primary school in a nearby village and campaigned to promote literacy among the villagers.

Other interests:
I am a driving freak and enjoy driving and exploring hilly and difficult terrains of North Bengal and Sikkim.

Concerns:
Though I am a gold medalist in my technical trade but I did my B.Tech from a not so well known college. Since I am working in a PSU, my skill sets are very much different from others but I don't know where they stand compared to others.

Anticipating an evaluation of my profile and thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:02 am
ISB puts a good amount of weight on the GMAT so make sure to study hard and obtain the best GMAT score possible. They list their Class Profile for 2013 at https://www.isb.edu/pgp/ClassProfile.Shtml which shows a 710 mean and median.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm
niladrichatterjee wrote:I am planning to give GMAT in October 2012. I am interested in applying for ISB 2014 batch. Please evaluate my profile and suggest me a GMAT score that I should target.

Academic overview:
Class 10: 90% (CBSE)
Class 12: 81% (CBSE)
B. Tech: 9.2/10 University Topper in Electrical Engineering.

Work Experience:
4 years

I am currently working as a Junior Manager at Steel Authority of India Limited, posted in an ore beneficiation facility at Dhanabad in Jharkhand.

I am handling a team of 30 employees comprising senior supervisors and electricians. I am responsible for maintenance of electrical installations and oversee operation of plant. I ensure plant availability for maximum production time.

I am a member of the AMR team of the plant and have successfully upgraded the technology from PID based system to PLC based system.

In addition to this, I am looking after purchase and inventory management. I raise indents and place work orders and I am a member of the techno-commercial and economic feasibility committee.

I represent management in the Workers welfare committee and am an active member in an empowered group which resolves IR related issues and problems.

Extra curricular activities:
I am an avid quizzer since my school days. I have represented my company in many national level corporate quizzes winning a few of them. I have been part of the championship winning team of inter-organization quiz for three years in a row. I have started a quiz club in our township. I conduct monthly quizzes for all age groups.

Though playing sports just for leisure in my college days, I took up table tennis, rather seriously, after joining my company and have participated in many tournaments at inter and intra-organization levels. I have reached the finals of the table tennis competition conducted by my company, last year.

I participate actively in company CSR activities. I have mentored the project to provide electricity to two villages near our plant site. In addition to this I have been on the project to make clean potable water available to nearby villages. I also oversaw the construction of a primary school in a nearby village and campaigned to promote literacy among the villagers.

Other interests:
I am a driving freak and enjoy driving and exploring hilly and difficult terrains of North Bengal and Sikkim.

Concerns:
Though I am a gold medalist in my technical trade but I did my B.Tech from a not so well known college. Since I am working in a PSU, my skill sets are very much different from others but I don't know where they stand compared to others.

Anticipating an evaluation of my profile and thanks in advance.
Hi Nilad,

Your profile looks good. Experience of PSU and brand such as SAIL will help. And since there are few profiles like yours you will get the diversity advantage.

Team lead experience will again help is challenges and learnings are highlighted well.

Target a 700+ on GMAT and bring out a few extra currics which complement your work at SAIL.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

goISB Team
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/