how to get 700+??

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

how to get 700+??

by suhassrivats » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:38 am
roughly how many questions should i get it right in each of the sections to get a 700+ gmat score??

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 pm
That is a very good question. I have passed it onto our psychometric team. I will let you know how they respond. Thank you!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am
Hello, Suhassrivats! Our psychometric team saw your question and has passed along this answer:

For the 25,800 calendar year 2011 test takers scoring 700 and above, the mean (and standard deviation) of the number of correct answers were 31.6 (3.6) and 29.9 (4.0) for Verbal and Quant, respectively. The minimums were 19 and 17 respectively. Please keep in mind that the GMAT is an adaptive test and scoring is based on the item difficulties and the responses to all the questions that were administered. Testing starts with questions that are about average difficulty. The test taker would probably have a string of mostly right answers before being administered questions that are well matched to his or her ability and have a 50% chance of being correct. Also imbedded in the test are randomly administered research questions that do not contribute toward total score.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!