Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Eval

by harianirav » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:08 am
Hello,
Nirav from India here.
Brief Profile:
10th- 89%
12th- 82%
MBA(Tech) from NMIMS...it is a dual degree program (B.Tech in telecommunications + MBA in Operations) (2007-2012)

APICS CPIM-BSCM
Six Sigma Green Belt
CAPM
CCNA

Working as a Global Supply Chain Analyst with Alliance Tire Group www.atgtire.com since May'12.

4-month management internship experience with Tata Chemicals Ltd., with broad exposure in Supply Chain Optimization, Procurement, Quality Management and Automation.

5-months (3+2) internship with Reliance Communications and Syndrome Technologies in networking domain.

extra curricular activities include sports where i have captained my school and junior college team and played for Mumbai Cricket Association(Thane division) U-14 and U-16....Football where i have played for my college...Music (keyboard and harmonium)...also been part of organizing committee of college festival in lan gaming and food & beverages dept.

I wish to pursue one year masters in Supply Chain and Logistics from FT top 50 b-schools like sloans, london business school, rotterdam, cranfield etc. I still havent appeared for GMAT but i know i will require a score of 700+. So by next fall when admissions start, I will have a cumulative experience of 2 years approx (1.5 in supply chain)

I wish to know, considering my profile, am i eligible for these one year masters courses? or m I overqualified and should gain a bit more experience and then apply for MBA?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:14 pm
Nirav,

Thanks for submitting your profile.

As you may know, Stratus Prep has extensive experience helping technical experts in India make the transition to top US and European business schools. In fact, every one of Stratus Prep's applicants from India has been admitted to a top 10 American/European business school and the vast majority (over 60% have been admitted to Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD, or Wharton).

You will definitely have sufficient experience to apply to a 1-year supply chain masters program by next fall. I would, however, really focus on Sloan followed by London Business School as I think they are far superior to Rotterdam and Cranfield both for supply chain and more broadly. If supply chain is your passion, I don't think you need to wait and later do an MBA which would require pivoting away from your technical focus a bit as well as strengthening your volunteer profile (which I would suggest you do, in any event, before apply to the supply chain masters programs).

You will definitely want to hit the 700+ level on the GMAT. If you find that the self-study methods available here on BTG are insufficient, I would recommend tutoring with a true GMAT expert regardless of where he or she is located. Stratus Prep tutors (who all have 760+ and 2+ years of PRIOR teaching experience) have helped students to 730+ scores in India, China, and many other parts of the world using our virtual tutoring platform.

If you have more questions or would like more information about our MBA Admissions Counseling or GMAT tutoring please feel free to private message me or email me at [email protected]

Best of luck,
Shawn
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.