Got beat by the gmat:) again

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Got beat by the gmat:) again

by elizabethsmith909 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:39 pm
Ok! I really don't want to tell anyone my score, but here is how it went down. All I need is a 450 on the gmat. The first time I took it I really did not study at all and made what I needed in the verbal section, and did bad in the quant. section. This time I improved my quant. score by 6 points and my verbal score went down by 6 points. If I would have maintained my verbal score I would have gotton a 450. I just don't understand why my verbal score dropped so low. I did get nervous during the test and I ran out of time on the verbal section and had to guess on the last six questions. Do colleges take the highest section scores from each test or do they take the highest total score from each test.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 am
Sorry to hear about your drop in verbal. On a personal note, the day I got my highest math score ever, I inexplicably dropped 7 percentiles in verbal. Maybe just a bad batch of questions...

Anyway, usually schools will look at your highest score, but it varies from program to program. You should probably call the schools you're most interested in to find out their policies.
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep