GMAT Math-only course

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

GMAT Math-only course

by NextGreatLeader » Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm
I recently purchased the complete set of 10 MGMAT prep books. Before starting to study, I took the first CAT and scored a 580 (29Q, 41V). I clearly need to bring up my math portion, a lot. Does anyone know of any good GMAT prep classes that only focus on math? I feel confident self-studying for verbal, but I would prefer an in-person or live online class for quant.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by GMAT Kolaveri » Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am
I heard Kaplan premier book is a good book to refresh basic quant concepts.
No idea regard any course.
you can take a free gmatprepnow course. use the below link.
https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat-data-sufficiency
Regards and Thanks,
Vinoth@GMAT Kolaveri
https://www.facebook.com/GmatKolaveri
https://gmatkolaveri.tumblr.com/

Click the thank you button if you like my reply :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:430

by SoftwareDrone » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:00 pm
I bought the Kaplan math book, went through it, scored high on the math section of the practice exam, then took the real exam and got a 26 on the quant (430 total). After joining this site and following some advice given, I bought the "official" GMAT guide, took the first practice exam and was completely stumped on most of the math questions.

I too am interested in a good strategy for math preparation, but, for me, it is not the Kaplan books.
I noticed that the problems are either easy (if I know how to go at them) or impossible (because I don't know how to get started). How do you know when you've seen enough different problem types?
Thanks.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:00 pm
NextGreatLeader wrote:I recently purchased the complete set of 10 MGMAT prep books. Before starting to study, I took the first CAT and scored a 580 (29Q, 41V). I clearly need to bring up my math portion, a lot. Does anyone know of any good GMAT prep classes that only focus on math? I feel confident self-studying for verbal, but I would prefer an in-person or live online class for quant.
Hi NextGreatLeader,

Kaplan offers a Math Refresher course, with three On-Demand video sessions to help you out. It's focused on fundamentals, and is great if you're having trouble with fundamentals like isolating variables, radicals, and circle/triangle rules.

However, the refresher is not test specific; it's meant to build math fundamentals and it has some test-like problem solving questions, but it doesn't teach Data Sufficiency. For that, we have Data Sufficiency on Demand, which is...well, exactly what it sounds like :-)

Unfortunately, neither of those options are available live; their taught through videos of our teachers. We do offer live online classes for our full GMAT Advantage courses, though, which will help squeeze those last few points out of your verbal section while it covers quant basics. You can click the link in my signature to register for a free event and try Kaplan's classes our for yourself.

We make every effort here at Kaplan to keep our classes flexible and personalizable. I'm sorry that I couldn't point you to a resource that exactly matched what you asked for in your first post! But, I'm certain that our materials will raise your score if you give them a try.

Let me know if you have any questions. And regardless of how you study, best of luck and keep up the good work :-)

Regards,
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 pm
NextGreatLeader wrote:I recently purchased the complete set of 10 MGMAT prep books. Before starting to study, I took the first CAT and scored a 580 (29Q, 41V). I clearly need to bring up my math portion, a lot. Does anyone know of any good GMAT prep classes that only focus on math? I feel confident self-studying for verbal, but I would prefer an in-person or live online class for quant.
We have a math-only option at GMAT Prep Now, but it's not live.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com