Please recommend Top US Schools for my profile.

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hello Clear Admit Consultants,
Main question: Am I a candidate for a Top 20 US B School?
Please suggest Reach, Target and Sure shot schools.
Any other input is appreciated as well.

My profile is as follows:

GMAT: 680 (Q50 V32), AWA (6.0)
Undergraduate Education : Mechanical Engineering, Top 10 University in Asia
GPA: 2.5 (Very Low I know..:(, I tried to make up for it in my masters)
Postgraduate Education : Mechanical Engineering, Top 10 University in Asia, Gold Medalist (Top outgoing student)
GPA: 3.95

Nationality: Indian

Work Experience: 7 years at matriculation (hopefully applying for Fall 2013) in new product introduction roles.
Current Work: GE Water Thailand. Involved in developing new products in the Water industry and government related projects in different sectors.

Job: I am a technical Lead at GE Water heading global team of experts. I might have a patent filing by the end of the year. I am the lead technologist on that along with two other phDs. I am one of the very few non-phDs in the technology team.
Extra Curriculars: I was the captain of my university cricket team. I head several green initiatives in GE. I am business development officer in another NGO. I was on management committee of the school council. I play professional cricket as vice-captain in the Malaysian League. I was also formerly U-15 Hong Kong National player. I manage a budget of 60,000 US dollars to manage initiatives with HR folks to organize events for regional sites to improve teamwork and engagement across sites.

Int'l Experience: Worked in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and United States.

Planning to work after MBA in product management preferrably back in GE and want to get an MBA from Top US business school.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 am
Hi mourinhogmat1 and thanks for your post.

In terms of your background, you'll need to be very clear about the skills and knowledge you've gained in both your academics and work experience, and how that will translate to your work post MBA. You might want to consider looking into the following programs: Indiana University (Kelley), Dule University (Fuqua), Ohio State University (Fisher), and University of Michigan (Ross). I think that USC (Marshall), Dartmouth (Tuck), and of course Northwestern University (Kellogg) would be reaches for you, but each of these schools have strong programs in the area in which you're interested in terms of your career.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a more detailed, free initial assessment of your profile.

Best,

Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit