Proof of Work Experience

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:610

Proof of Work Experience

by elmer_fudd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 am
I have 4.5 years of work experience. The first 1 year was spent as a trainee in an IT firm for which I have the experience certificate. I spent 3 more years working in junior management capacity in a petrochemicals manufacturer. The time I left this company, I had to leave in a hurry because I had to join my new post abroad at an earlier date than my date of relieving. So I had submitted my resignation letter, got an "Acceptance of resignation" letter and simply left. So what I have for proof of work for these 3 years are my "Letter of Appointment" dated Nov 2008 and "letter of acceptance of resignation" dated Dec 2011. Will these 2 letters be proof enough for my work experience during these 3 years?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:31 am
Your 'letter of appointment' and 'letter of acceptance' are clear evidences of your work experience with that company.Still, it doesn't hurt to write to them and request them to provide you with a formal experience certificate.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:610

by elmer_fudd » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:54 am
Thanks for the reply.
I did write to them asking for my service certificate...they've told they will provide it...but from my experience with them (i've worked there...i know how the HR there functions), i can be sure that they'll give it to me in 6 or 7 months - that is,if i'm lucky...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:28 pm
I was wondering if it is possible for you to visit them to get this letter. If not, then I would suggest not to fret too much about it.You DO have evidence of work experience with them in the form of two documents you mentioned- 'letter of acceptance' and 'acceptance of resignation.'

Good luck.

If you find this post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.