Got into NUS B school and Mays Business school

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:740
Hey all,

Received an admit from the aforementioned schools. Though am grateful for the admits, I am confused as to which would be the better choice. However, finances are a concern for me, and Mays is costing me half of what NUS is costing(NUS is yet to release scholarship decisions). I know NUS is known in Asia and would be the ideal choice if I want to work in Asia. But, I am open to any location, as long as its civilized. :-)

I want to get into Strategy consulting or IT-Sales. Any advises anyone....

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:720

by suchit.pandey » Sat May 26, 2012 11:10 am
Hi,
Congrats man.Whats ur profile??

Thanks,
Suchit Pandey

by karanrulz4ever » Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 pm
3 years in IT-Consulting with a highly ranked management consulting firm.
Good EC's.

Any advises on the choice I should make? Anyone?

by suchit.pandey » Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 am
Man.. I m no expert but here comes my 2 cents :)..
1st of all its good to be in such dilemma..both the schools are top notch and it totally depends where u want to settle post mba..TAMU is number-1 in USA when it comes to ROI.TExas is one of the major industrial hubs in USA and u have to shed minimal $$ to get into that...
For NUS is equally good school..its the Asian Harvard :) but the average salary there is some 20k $ less than TAMU..But u get a chance to wrk in Singapore and have the prospects to return back to INDIA..
So totally ur call..

I m an Indian IT male,presently wrking with TCS, with a 720 score + decent ECs...kinda similar profile like urs..wat all colleges u applied??

by karanrulz4ever » Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 pm
Hey..

Even I work for TCS. :-)

I had applied to a lot of schools, namely ISB, NUS, Mays, Tepper and Olin. Was admitted to NUS, Mays and Olin. Wait-listed at Tepper(probably a reject now) and rejected at ISB. I would like to think I submitted an under-cooked application to ISB. But what the heck, I feel NUS is better in terms of exposure.

In case you need any help, you can contact me on TCS-Sametime. :-)

by suchit.pandey » Tue May 29, 2012 7:57 pm
Ping me ur employee id man..would be vry helpful to talk to u..

Thanks,
Suchit

by karanrulz4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 am
Any thoughts???? :roll:

by OnlineStudent » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 am
karanrulz4ever wrote:Hey..

I had applied to a lot of schools, namely ISB, NUS, Mays, Tepper and Olin. Was admitted to NUS, Mays and Olin. Wait-listed at Tepper(probably a reject now) and rejected at ISB. I would like to think I submitted an under-cooked application to ISB. But what the heck, I feel NUS is better in terms of exposure.

Hi karanrulz4ever,

I study and work in Singapore, I would personally recommend that you enrol in NUS for your MBA program - Singapore is a very conducive place to get an education - in fact our literacy rate is one of the highest in Asia. And besides that, academics and scholars lead a very good life in Singapore - if you perform well in school, you'll get free education, a good job with high salary, and easy application for permanent citizenship - our country is very partial towards people with paper qualifications - regardless of whether you're a citizen or a foreigner.

These articles will be relevant and helpful for you:
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/5-re ... apore.html
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/top- ... apore.html
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/scho ... r-mba.html

Let me know your thoughts

by karanrulz4ever » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:29 am
OnlineStudent wrote:
karanrulz4ever wrote:Hey..

Hi karanrulz4ever,

I study and work in Singapore, I would personally recommend that you enrol in NUS for your MBA program - Singapore is a very conducive place to get an education - in fact our literacy rate is one of the highest in Asia. And besides that, academics and scholars lead a very good life in Singapore - if you perform well in school, you'll get free education, a good job with high salary, and easy application for permanent citizenship - our country is very partial towards people with paper qualifications - regardless of whether you're a citizen or a foreigner.

These articles will be relevant and helpful for you:
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/5-re ... apore.html
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/top- ... apore.html
https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/scho ... r-mba.html

Let me know your thoughts
Hey,

I have made the decision to come to NUS. Can you please give me your contact details?

by informmefast » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 am
Hi All,
I have a few queries regarding GMAT and NUS application process and would really appreciate if you could take some time out to reply to them -

Since I have got around 40 days preparation time , could you kindly specify me few really useful books to increase score for the below sections -

1. Quant (considering my basics are strong since have been preparing for Indian entrances)
2. Critical reasoning (I personally find this a bit tough to tackle)
2. Sentence Correction
3. Verbal -Others like RC's etc

Any other advice regarding the GMAT or NUS that you would want to give to me , please do so.

Cheers!